Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16 Channel LED Signal Converter PCB
Hi all, here's the 16 channel LED signal converter board so any dimmable LED driver will work with Robo-Tank. This board measure 1.97" x 1.97" and converts the 5v PWM signal coming from the controller to either 0-5v PWM, 0-10v PWM, 0-5v Analog or 0-10v Analog. You can change the signal for each channel by soldering a jumper on the board. I didn't use header jumpers because the board would need to be bigger putting the cost up. There's a lot of stuff on this small board, it was a challenge connecting everything that's for sure. I don't expect it to cost that much, I haven't added things up yet. The outputs use 2.54mm terminal blocks and there are 2 output ground terminals available. The input header was put on the edge of the board so its possible this will plug directly into the Robo-Tank connector board.

I realize 16 channels is a lot but cost doesn't go up that much so I figured why not.

What do you think?

Top View
[Image: PWM_Converter_Top_3D.jpg]

Bottom View
[Image: PWM_Converter_Bottom_3D.jpg]
Reply to top
That's a big one!
Reply to top
big one what big one needed or big in size? these are blown up so we can see more detail on them
Reply to top
It was a good night, I put one of these together and it seems to works. Smile Only thing I can't test is the difference in voltage but I'm pretty sure two is analog and two is digital because I get different readings with no input. Seems to do what it should, this is good because it means the other board should work as well, it uses the same circuit and this is the one I was worried about.

So its official, you can now control almost any LED driver with Robo-Tank. If anyone's brave enough to test it let me know.
Reply to top
I am ready to try!... But i have only 4 rampes of leds, with meanwell's drivers.
Reply to top
but if I am using a controller with say only 4 5v pwm outputs this will not give me 16 right ?

so if I all ready have 5v pwm then I don't need it.
Reply to top
I never thought to order anything to test the analog signal all I have is meanwells to.

Yeah you have it right rott, it won't give you more than you have. However when nothing is connected but power it does put out 10v pwm so its possible it would power a driver just not adjust it. It also puts out 5v PWM in case you wanted that out of some of the channels, you can set any of the 16 channels to any signal type. I suppose you could also connect a digital power head to some of them and use the light schedule and 6 ramps for adjusting the power head instead.
Reply to top
so it is good for using the mean well drivers that need the pot in the middle of the string to adjust the bright/dim levels or some thing like this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-200W-High-Pow...sP8DrqkrRg

item number 291525448211
Reply to top
I don't know, the description doesn't say it uses any signal type for dimming. If it says it uses an Analog or PWM signal it should work.
Reply to top
that is what the potentiometer is for the little black box with the knob on it 10v analog I have 2 of them and a bunch of 02's new version of the meanwell drivers instead of using the LDD-H @ 1000mA mine are set to 1750ma and 3500mA for 50w and 100w LED.
Reply to top
Then I would expect it to work, connect the wire for the 10v signal to the output on the board. Those are big drivers wow, that would be one bright light.
Reply to top
I used 1 on each side of my. 150 and surround it with 14 3w actinic LEDs tank was still a little dark in the middle
Reply to top
Since you have many tanks with different drivers this could be good for you. You could connect all the tanks lights to the controller on different channels if you are ok with each of them having the same schedule. Of course the brightness for each can be whatever you want.
Reply to top
I don't use that set up anymore I use blackbox LED's now
Reply to top
(12-08-2015, 12:44 AM)robsworld78 Wrote: I never thought to order anything to test the analog signal all I have is meanwells to.

Yeah you have it right rott, it won't give you more than you have. However when nothing is connected but power it does put out 10v pwm so its possible it would power a driver just not adjust it. It also puts out 5v PWM in case you wanted that out of some of the channels, you can set any of the 16 channels to any signal type. I suppose you could also connect a digital power head to some of them and use the light schedule and 6 ramps for adjusting the power head instead.

When do you think we could have a one? I am remaking My controler and i am very interested by yours.
Reply to top
You can have it anytime, I wasn't going to list them until I got the other board tested but I can certainly send one of these out to you if you want.
Reply to top
(12-10-2015, 03:54 PM)robsworld78 Wrote: You can have it anytime, I wasn't going to list them until I got the other board tested but I can certainly send one of these out to you if you want.

It Will be with pleasure i will test it.
Reply to top
Rob, i am not sure how to sélect and solder 5/10v and anl/pwm on your pcb.
Curently, using Meanwell drivers, i need 10v pwm. But i am making new cree led ramp with Recom at 5v. It Will be done in weeks, i hope...
Thanks for your help.
Dom
Reply to top
Hi Dom, oops sorry about that, I'll make a diagram and post it here.
Reply to top
Rob,

Pretty sure I've got this thought out correctly, but want to confirm before I connect everything up.

Using 2 of the MarsAqua style LED boxes, I've disconnected the pot dimmers and jumped the power V+ and V- on the connector. Using your LED converter board, I soldered the jumper for the analog side and connected the VDM+ from the LED drivers to channel 1 thru 4 on the converter, and plugged the converter into the connector board.

Do I connect the VDM- from the LED drivers to the LED grounds on the connector board or do I connect the VDM- to the converter board and then ground the converter board to the connector board? Also, I need to connect the converter to 12V from the power supply correct?

Thanks
Matt
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Control original LED lights Gordon Lehmann 16 14,140 03-19-2019, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Expansion Hub PCB Rob F 16 18,023 01-12-2016, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Rob F