Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Network not connecting
I'm having an issue with the network just saying Connecting Please wait.... But it never actually connects...
Reply to top
Do you have DHCP enabled on your router? Do you see it show up as a device on your network?
Reply to top
I do have DHCP set up but no it's not showing up in the client list on the router.
Reply to top
Can you open the lid on controller and see if any lights on the w5100 are lite up? If you look on the board you'll see a reflection of the lights, with no cable plugged in there should be one red light on, as soon as you plug in cable from router 4 lights should turn red, do you get that?
Reply to top
I apologise, it was an issue with the network adapter I was plugging into it. All good now!
Reply to top
Ah wonderful and no worries, I didn't know what to think, I thought I tested it. :)
Reply to top
One thing I should mention, if you decide to unplug from the network you should go to settings, system and press where you see your IP addresses to disable the internet. Right now if you leave that enabled and turn on controller with no cable plugged in it'll continue to try to connect and can be hard to disable. I'll be improving this in next update.
Reply to top
I am having an issue with this still. I've tried to play around with it myself a bit before posting but I haven't been able to figure it out. I tried to set up the weather and email alerts per the user manual but I can't get either to work. I am also unable to connect to the webpage. I have to connected to my network. It has an IP address per my router and the globe icon in the upper right corner of the display is green. When I try to go to the webpage it brings up a login screen. I tried the default of Username1 password1 but it didn't work. I then tried changing both the username and password on the micro SD card and then tried that combo but it still wouldn't work. Like I said the weather won't update and the email alerts aren't going through either - maybe it's a similar issue?
Reply to top
Hi Aquaalgae, all will be related, it sounds like the controller isn't seeing the SD card, when you try to login to webpage does it go to a white screen or does it continue to prompt you for credentials? When you push in the microSD card on controller it should click and lock in place, can you check that it is push in fully. If you have the Arduino IDE 1.6.5 installed in your computer you can connect controller to the computer and open the serial monitor in the Arduino IDE and it'll tell you if it found the SD card.
Reply to top
When I try to login it continues to prompt me for credentials. The microSD card does click and lock into place. It appears to be fully in. I will try the serial monitor later today.
Reply to top
OK I did the serial monitor and this is what I got:
Initializing sd card...
SUCCESS - sd card initialized.
SUCCESS - Found index.html file.
eepromValue: 50
Starting Controller -------------------657
atoCheckMillis: 0
atoCheckMillis: 0
Outlet: 0
Outlet: 1
Outlet: 2
Outlet: 3
Outlet: 4
Outlet: 5
Outlet: 6
Outlet: 7
Outlet: 0
Outlet: 1
Outlet: 2
Outlet: 3
Outlet: 4
Outlet: 5
Outlet: 6
Outlet: 7
Startup Complete -------------------18690
Reply to top
Hmmm, this seems a little odd, I was hoping you got the blank page as that I can understand but the fact you get prompted over and over means it is seeing the password and username in those files (as serial monitor confirms) but for whatever reason they aren't matching. If you startup the controller and then remove the SD card and try to login to webpage you'll see after first attempt it goes to white screen and quits asking for credentials. Currently the username and password has to be 9 characters and upper/lower case matters, but I don't think it's that because the defaults didn't work.

I believe the controller is ok as SD card works, eeprom works and the w5100 seems to work as it is communicating with your router. Now I'm wondering if the router has some kind of security feature that is blocking access to this device, if you go through the router settings in web browser do you see any settings that might cause this? The fact emails, weather and web page isn't working means it's not actually seeing the internet which the router might be blocking.

When you try the webpage are you using your local IP address? To use the external IP you need to port forward the device in the router settings.
Reply to top
Ok so I set up a DMZ for the IP of the robo tank. I was accessing it from within my LAN only but I set up the router to forward port 7626 to the robo tank anyway and it seems that the email alerts are working. The weather seems to be updating, it's just wrong. I have it set up for my location and it is showing my location but the weather isn't right. The webpage still isn't working but now it just gives me the white page after trying the username and password once.
Reply to top
Ok this is sounding better, it's possible after you changed location for weather the forecast didn't update until next time its checked, a quick way is to reset the controller and see if you get the correct forecast. As for the webpage, you mentioned you changed the login details, is password and username both 9 characters long? Because the others are working that's really all I can see causing this. Have your tried logging in using both local IP and external IP?
Reply to top
Ok, so after the issue with the power supply (I don't think that had anything to do with this) I am back to constantly having the login pop up (like I'm putting in the wrong username/password). I've changed the username and password a few times on the microSD card, but it still won't accept it. I saw there is an option on the controller to have it create a username and password, but it doesn't look like that is working. Could I just put the username and password directly in the code?
Reply to top
Oh wow, that's a real surprise, definitely has nothing to do with the power supply. That only affected the blank display and probably the static. Did you try copying the original password/username files to the SD card from the download package? I'm wondering if an extra blank line got in that file and causing the problem. You can probably hardcode the credentials however that shouldn't be necessary. Try replacing with original files, that should do it.
Reply to top
I thought that I tried that, but perhaps not. I will try it tomorrow morning and let you know what happens. Thanks again for all your help with everything!
Reply to top
Sounds good, it should work, I'm guessing emails, weather and IP's are all good?
Reply to top
No such luck unfortunately. I think the next step would be to try to add it in the code? I see where in the code it grabs the user and password I'm just having trouble uploading sketches still. It keeps saying that there is no device found on COM#. I've restarted the computer several times still no luck. I even uninstalled the software and reinstalled it on my computer... I'll give it a try again tonight.
Reply to top
Could my upload issue have something to do with what is going on here?
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=167492.0
It looks like some are having to press a reset button in order to upload to the due?
Reply to top