Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Network not connecting
I'm surprised it hasn't arrived yet, it's been 2.5 weeks now, if it doesn't show up next week I'll send again. Maybe the same machine that ate Rotts got it...

Was the Due a prime special? I use to be upset when packages were late, now I can't be because I ship and sometimes they're late. :)
Reply to top
Ok so I received the new Arduino and uploaded the modified sketch. It looks like the network isn't connecting now. There's got to be something I'm missing.

I actually ordered the due from arrow.com with free overnight shipping (although it wasn't exactly overnight). Ok so I put the old Arduino back on for a minute and it connected. I then put the new one on again and it is also connecting. I then tried to get to the webpage and it asked for my login user and pass. I put them in and it takes it like last time since it is in the code. Once I put the user and pass in though it just gives me a blank white page.
The customer ATO rules were also not working so I added them back and they worked but then I restarted the controller by saving the time and again the ATO doesn't work. I think maybe it's the board?
Reply to top
Oh no, sorry to hear. Can you send me the controller so I can go over it? I only need the controller.
Reply to top
Yeah, I can send it to you tomorrow. I'm just worried about not receiving it back before I go on vacation. Could you send another controller board while I send this one back to you?
Reply to top
When do you go on vacation? I do have a board ready to go that I could ship this evening but I don't have a case printed for it and don't think I have enough white left to do another. Did that other case ever arrive?
Reply to top
No the other case hasn't arrived yet but don't worry about sending another one, I bought a 3d printer and should have it Wednesday. So I'm just going to print a new case.

I'm going on vacation in less than 2 weeks and I'd like to confirm that it's working properly for a few days before I go. I'd really appreciate it.
Reply to top
I'll make sure to send this with tracking so we know where it's at. I'll send the board with an Arduino, w5100 and SD card in case its one of them, then I can test yours with original to see what was happening. That's cool about the printer, which one are you getting?
Reply to top
Well I just hooked up the board I had assembled and went to test the webpage and experiencing the same thing as you, I'm digging into it to see what I can find. I'll let you know tonight or tomorrow what I find.
Reply to top
Sounds good. Thank you! BTW, I'm getting the Tevo Tornado printer.
Reply to top
Get out of here, I have the Tevo BlackWidow, it's been an amazing machine.

Well I think I have some good news, as good as it could be. I'll go over what I did so you can better understand.

First I took a new w5100 and microSD card and fired up this board, opened the serial monitor and SD card and eeprom were good so I then enabled the web. It came back with all the correct info on system page. I then opened the browser and it asked for password, I added and it went to white screen and I started crying. So I immediately grabbed another new microSD card and got the same thing. Then I loaded some test code just for the web with no SD card and it worked so it appeared SD related. I then tried the w5100 on mine because I know it works but got same results. The card was always seen when the web was starting and every time I pressed "retrieve info" it would read the card properly but as soon as the credentials were accepted it quit. I then had bad thoughts that the boards have internal issues as I literally just changed my supplier for the PCB's. Then I went for a 10min walk to think what to try and thought well I didn't use the microSD card from my working controller so I got back and tried that and guess what, it works every time. :) So I'm 99.9% sure it's a bad card, I know I just experienced exactly what you are.

I'm going to go through all my cards now and see what good and what's not and I can mail you a new card tomorrow. Hopefully you have something around you can use till then, maybe try taking a card from a phone. :) Size of card shouldn't matter, first test just open the serial monitor to make sure it sees the card and after controller finishes you'll see the line similar to this "Startup Complete -------------------18365" that's how long it took to startup, 18seconds, if its around that number the speed of card is acceptable. I have plugged in cards that took 30+ seconds. Then the big test is loading the web page.
Reply to top
I did try the microSD from the display in the controller with no luck before. My SD card reader died on me so I'm going to buy a new one this evening and try it out with a couple new microSD cards that I have here that I know are good. I'll let you know tonight.
Reply to top
So I just took a confirmed working (in my raspberry pi) micro sd card and reformatted it.  I then loaded the controller sd card stuff onto the card and did the serial monitor.  Here are the results:
Initializing sd card...
ERROR - sd card initialization failed!
ERROR - Can't find index.html file!
eepromValue: 50
Starting Controller -------------------1844
atoCheckMillis: 0
Outlet: 0
Outlet: 1
Outlet: 2
Outlet: 3
Outlet: 4
Outlet: 5
Outlet: 6
Outlet: 7
Startup Complete -------------------18987
Connecting to Network -------------------60006
Alert To Email Address: davexxxxxxxx@gmail.com
Alert From Email Address: aquaxxxxxxx@gmail.com
smtp2go Username For Alerts: davexxxxxxxx@gmail.com
smtp2go Password For Alerts: sE2HtvA1xUin
Connecting to Router
Connected to Router Successfully
Web Access Username: robotank1
Web Access Password: robopass1
My Local IP address: 192.168.0.22
My External IP Address: 75.118.xxx.xxx
Connected to Network -------------------61392

And when I try to go to the local IP in chrome and put in the user and pass from the file on the micro sd card, it just keeps asking for it.

I just remembered that the controller code has a different user and pass coded into it.  When I put that user and pass in it takes it but it just goes to the blank page again.
Reply to top
It didn't work because the controller doesn't see the card, at the top it says can't initialize. What size was that card? I'm quite sure you just need the correct card. The display card probably has the same issue, I went through mine, I have 10 and 4 had that issue. Do you have any other cards you can try? I
Reply to top
It's a 32gb card. I also have an old 2gb card and an even older 512mb card. I haven't used those in a while but I can try those tonight and let you know.
Reply to top
Those old cards sound good, one of them should work...
Reply to top
Ok so the 512mb didn't work but the 2gb did, kinda

Here is the serial output:
Initializing sd card...
SUCCESS - sd card initialized.
SUCCESS - Found index.html file.
eepromValue: 50
Starting Controller -------------------66
Startup Complete -------------------18114
Connecting to Network -------------------60001
Alert To Email Address: davexxxxxxxx@gmail.com
Alert From Email Address: aquaxxxxxxxx@gmail.com
smtp2go Username For Alerts: davexxxxxxxx@gmail.com
smtp2go Password For Alerts: sE2HtvA1xUin
Connecting to Router
Connected to Router Successfully
Web Access Username: robotank1
Web Access Password: robopass1
My Local IP address: 192.168.0.22
My External IP Address: 75.118.xxx.xxx
Connected to Network -------------------61531

But when I log in I get the blank white webpage.

I re-uploaded the default code and tried the default Username1:password1 just for the heck of it and its the same white page.  I did get an email that the controller was restarted so that email worked.
Reply to top
Ah that stinks, I'm sure it's still card related. I'll get the other board shipped tomorrow as you're probably out of cards to try.
Reply to top
For the heck of it can you add the display files to that SD card, specifically "robotank.raw" file and plug into display and see if splash screen loads?
Reply to top
Ok, I took the 2gb micro SD and loaded the display files on it and put it in the display and it loaded like normal.

Thanks for your help with this!
Reply to top
Ok, I was hoping it wouldn't load the splash screen. No problem, thank-you for your patience!
Reply to top