Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe I'm Jumping Ahead...
So I just purchased a Robo-Tank yesterday so obviously I haven't received it yet.  I have a few questions after looking around in the .pdfs in the downloads section...

In Robo-Tank Gen3 Connecting the Equipment.pdf: When connecting the water temperature sensor, there are 3 wires (pos, ground, data) but plug 6 for the water temperature sensor only shows data and +5v.  Where does the ground wire connect?  I see plug 14 has 2 spare grounds, would it be connected here?  why not have a plug with 3 wires?  I have the same question with the auto fish feeder on plug 8 and plugs 15-18 for PWM.

Plugs 1 and 2 appear to be USB connectors for the Power Bars however in the order page when you add on an extra 8 outlet Power Bar, it says it includes a VGA cable.  Was the VGA cable just for an older version?  The extra power bar shows 6 outlets on top and 2 on the side, but the main one is with all 8 on top - will they be the same?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just excited to get it going!
Reply to top
Hi Dave, because the controller has so many ports I had to limit the amount of plugs on the board otherwise it would be a very large board and drive costs up. On Gen2 hardware I had more GND and +5v pins available however because of that I had 2 PCB's for controller which connected using a 40pin IDE cable, now everything is on one board which makes things more reliable as there's a lot less connections. I decided to place some connectors close together as to make one large connector. Plug 6, 7 and 8 are all side by side, there's a GND and +5v on the ends you can use for the 5 sensor ports but yeah it'll be on two plugs.

Sorry about the confusion on the order page, I missed those things. The VGA cable was for the old version AC power bar, instead of that cable you'll get 2 white 6ft USB cables for your power bars to match the white cases. I just realized I'm out of white ethernet cables, I only have black, are you ok with black or would you like to wait for me to get more white, it takes about 7-10 days to arrive? You can also find one locally if you don't want black cable nor want to wait. Both power bars will be the same, all 8 outlets on top like the main images on the order page.

If you have more questions feel free to ask.
Reply to top
Thanks for the reply. Black ethernet cables are fine. Thanks again!
Reply to top