Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
System reboot
Hallo,

I have a diy arduino and the hole time hè is reboot and i dont now what solution for.
I hope soms person can tel me what the do.
Also i cant find software to download for.
Reply to top
Hi Wijenberg, welcome to the forum. Sorry times two, I don't know what could be happening with your Arduino, maybe it's in the code or the Arduino itself is faulty and the software for Robo-Tank is only available if you have the controller.
Reply to top
Hi Rob,

I have the controller but where and how i can update and connct the controller?.
Where is the software for it?
I have USB and ethernet an a sd card on board.
Reply to top
Hi Wijenberg, oh sorry, can I ask who you are. :) I can't find a link to anyone haha...

You can download the software from your account on the store side of the website, after you log in go to the downloads section. You shouldn't have to program anything, what are you experiencing?
Reply to top
Hi Rob,

I bought a aquarium with this system second hands.
He was forum member.
Now i take it over and i have to leurn it.
I make a full account on the store.
Reply to top
Hi Jaap, who did you buy it from? What version is the boards? If you look on them you'll see a Rev version. If you post a picture I'll know what you have. You mentioned USB, if it has many of those it won't be compatible with the newest software.
Reply to top
Think you bought it from Arne?
Since he was selling his reefer i thought it might be him
Reply to top
Yes i buy it from him.
Reply to top
I believe he had a second gen set..

Reflashing the robo-tank software could help.
But i do recall there is an issue with a resistor on the due boards which could cause rebooting if i’m correct
Reply to top
It is an arduino all in one rev-b .
Reply to top
Can you post a picture? If you have rev-b it'll be the original gen1 hardware and won't work with the new software.
Reply to top
Hi Jaap, I've figured out what you have, it is Gen2 - RevB, you should have 2 boards for controller which connect using 40pin IDE cable. If you got the boards with Arduinos mounted it should have started up, how long does it take before it restarts? Do you see the Robo-Tank splash screen on display? Do you see a version number in top left corner?

I setup your account on the store side of website so you can download the latest software, there's also some files which should help explain the controller some. After you login to your account go to "my account" and click on "downloads" you'll see everything there.
Reply to top
Hi Rob,

I try to put the files on the system with program but he stil say compilation wrong.
What are the right settings in the program for my boards?
Reply to top
If you look in the download package you'll see a file named "First Time Programming Guide", it has images and shows how to setup your computer, be sure to go through all the steps. Also you need Arduino IDE v1.6.5, if you have a different version it will likely cause issues.
Reply to top
Hi Rob,

I have follow all instructions but his still not compileren.
He say the following,

Warming squrious github folder in dht sensor librairy

Can you help what to do?
Reply to top
In the display i have due r3 32bit arm.
The controller have ethernet shield w5100 r3.
Reply to top
Hi Jaap, if you only have that warning you are set to upload to Arduino. That warning is because there's a folder in the library folder that isn't necessary but won't affect anything.
Reply to top
But if i get this warning i will put the files on arduino but the program stop writing.
He not place the sketch on the arduino.
Reply to top
If the upload starts but doesn't finish it could be a powering issue, are you only using the USB to power up the board? You do need a 12v 2amp DC power supply to power up the controller, after powered up connect the USB to your computer and try uploading again.
Reply to top
I going to try with the power.
Now i used only the USB and i try it with the ethernet cabel from controller.
When he start normal i see only the start screen.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video - ATO system (automatic top off) Rob F 0 3,602 06-23-2016, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Rob F