Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pH Probe Question
Do the "Plug and Play" kits come with a pH probe or the Atlas board needed?  If not, do you have a case available to house the board? I noticed in a picture on page 11 of the manual that there is an outlet for the "Atlas Scientific Circuits" so I wasn't sure if it was included in the box or not...   

If it is not included, do I need a separate Arduino to set up the Atlas board?

Thanks!
Reply to top
Hi Aquaalgae, unfortunately there is no ph probe or circuit included, you would have to purchase this from Atlas. It requires 2 parts + a probe, you can use any probe with a BNC connector or get one from Atlas.

https://www.atlas-scientific.com/product...zo_ph.html

https://www.atlas-scientific.com/product...r_iso.html

I can send you a case for the ph circuit or another option is I can have a hole in the controller case so you can install it in there. The circuit connects directly to the controller using 4 wires, there are headers on the controller board which allows header jumpers to be used.

The image on page 11 showing the ports has change with Gen3 hardware, I attached an updated image. You'll notice the port for "Atlas Scientific Circuits" is no longer available, that's because they can connect to the USB ports.

You can use the controller to setup the Atlas board and don't require anything else. This is done by uploading a specific sketch to the controller, the board has 2 header pins (Tx/Rx pins) which you first connect to. Once the sketch is loaded the circuit is automatically setup, after this you can load controller sketch again and connect Atlas circuit to proper pins. I attached a file explaining this (page 6-7).

Attached Files
.pdf   Robo-Tank Gen3 Connecting Atlas Scientific Stamps.pdf (Size: 1.97 MB / Downloads: 316)
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Display question jmcadsl 29 25,394 08-20-2018, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Rob F
Question Question before ordering philips 11 12,488 01-13-2018, 01:06 AM
  question about powersupply included in the kits HenrikB 3 4,572 03-12-2016, 03:51 PM