Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Channel of dossing pump died
Hi Rob!!
I was working with 4 dosing pump a lot of time perfect, but last week i see that pump in channel 3 its not running.
Could you send me a picture of where its connected this port on main board to check where its the fault?
Thanks!
Reply to top
Hi Jorge, sorry to hear about the trouble, I attached an image showing 3 locations to check for +3.3v, you'll only see +3.3v when the dosing pump is supposed to be running. The output from the MOSFET is a GND, if you have +3.3v at those other points check to see if the output is a GND when the pump is suppose to be running. If you connect the positive from the volt meter to a +12v pin you should see +12v on the volt meter when you touch the output GND on MOSFET.

EDIT: Pump 3 uses Arduino pin 28

Reply to top
Hello!!
I have not 3.3v on Resistor 1K, (i check on the other ports and its 3.3v ok)
My question now...the pin28 go directly to this point (top of the 1k resistor)?
Maybe i can make a jump from other pin of the arduino?
Thanks!

Hello again!
Finally i make a jump between pin 28 & 26 and change in sktech
dosingPumps dosingPump3(74,75,88,192,28,3); to dosingPumps dosingPump3(74,75,88,192,26,3);

I only use 4 pumps (i have free 5-8 pumps), now the port for pump5 its jumped to pump 3.

Thanks!!
Reply to top
Yeah from top of 1k it goes to Arduino pin 28 so if no voltage then it's the Arduino which I'm surprised, these things have been pretty solid. You can use pin 31 which is no longer being used, I would think using a wire to jump pins would be ok.

There's 2 changes to make in the controller sketch as well.

- Find line 464 and delete it or add // in front
   pinMode(31, OUTPUT);

- Find line 467 and delete it or add // in front
   digitalWrite(31, HIGH);  

- Now at the top of the Arduino IDE you'll see tabs, select the "dosingPumps.h" tab.

- Find line 169 and change the 28 to 31, this is the pin number.
   dosingPumps dosingPump3(74,75,88,192,28,3);

That should get it working again.
Reply to top
lol, nice job figuring it out, I just finished typing what you did but using a different pin number. :)
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  transistor Peristaltic pump number 8 jmcadsl 1 2,830 10-12-2018, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Rob F