Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!
Hi everyone!

In the beginning stages of putting together a 90gal reef tank. 

Let me get this out now.. I have a problem with projects. Yeah. It's bad. It's like an addiction? I love them. I always have something going on, it keeps me engaged I guess. Not that I finish many, but they're there. I got a new car and I didn't like the stereo so I figured I'd put a tablet in instead. Well of course the amplifiers won't work, why not make my own? So now I'm knee deep in switching mode power supply designs and planning on making a USB to optical adapter to run back to the trunk.. See? It's a problem. 

My last tank many years ago had relays and individual timers for simple automation, so I knew when I got my girlfriend interested in marine aquariums I'd find a way to automate our new system better, and hey, I have that raspberry pi touchscreen laying around.. Nope, stop, not another project. I have enough going on with just building a stand and drilling a tank and plumbing it, and probably have to build a skimmer from scratch... Yup.

So RoboTank is a nice compromise.. Semi-DIY but is way better than anything I could have done on my own from scratch. And I suck at programming anyway! I've been pouring through the old threads and Rob has been awesome so far, this looks like an incredible effort. It's great now and I can't wait to see where it goes.

I have a background in R&D engineering, SMD soldering, fabrication and robotics prototyping, so if I can be of any help, just ask!

Thanks!
--Jared
Reply to top
Hi Jared, nice to see you signed up. You're my kind of guy, not scared of a little smoke here or there. ;) I use to have all kinds of projects on the go, now I'm trying to just stick to this and as a bonus my place is cleaner because of it.

You'll have to post some pics of your new tank, have fun with that, hope you enjoy the controller, it should be coming soon and thanks for giving it a go.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello From France Idefixes 5 1,807 11-25-2022, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Rob F
  Hello All josh237 3 1,517 07-15-2022, 09:13 PM
  Hello from Toronto dcartier 3 1,973 12-24-2021, 11:33 AM
  Hello from Tenerife - Canary Islands Salmonetin 21 11,593 12-04-2020, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Salmonetin