Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with the controller when the electric current is stopped.
Hi, Rob
Hello, everyone.

I have the following problem with the controller. When stops electrical current, controller (version 4.10) goes out. When the electrical current comes, the controller starts, but is not loading, and all dosing pumps are started at the same time. The controller works, while is not turn it off manually. The picture that appears when starting with the red squares below, but is sitting in the first box. There is no fill of the squares when the controller is being loaded. The controller is loading normally when I turn it off and I turn it on manually. Any ideas how to solve the problem? The problem is only when it stops the electric current.
Thanks in advance.
Reply to top
i Vilich, this sounds like it could be a reset issue on the Arduino Due. A lot of Due's out there have a cold start problem, if the Arduino is off for a few minutes it starts up slightly different and can cause it to hang. When the problem starting happening I was seeing more issues on the display and the solution was to add a 10K resistor to the Arduino, now I do this to every Arduino. Apparently this changes the timing so the Arduino starts properly, all I know is that hasn't been a problem since if I provide the Arduinos. Someone recently changed an Arduino and experience the issue, they added the resistor and it was solved so hopefully it works for you as well, if you can do it to controller and display Arduino. Here's some images, you can see where it should go and an image with it mounted. You don't have to use SMD it just looks better is all.

[Image: Due_Fix1.JPG]

[Image: Due_Fix2.JPG]
Reply to top
Hi Rob,
I did everything according to the instructions and has already been tested. Everything works perfectly.
Thanks.
Reply to top
Hi Vilich, wonderful, it's amazing what a resistor can do.
Reply to top
is this something that needs to get done on all Due's I still have my original ones Do I need to add this to mine
Reply to top
Hi Rott, it doesn't need to be done on all Due's but since this started happening a couple years ago I always add them as they don't hurt anything. I don't know if its random or different versions of the board but some don't seem to be affected. If you haven't had any startup issues where it hangs they should be ok.
Reply to top
thanks
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Origninal Robo-Tank problem Rob Wheatley 5 4,251 05-31-2020, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  After installation from 4,2 to 5,13 problem vilich 22 14,733 06-18-2019, 10:29 AM
Last Post: vilich
  Forum Profile Problem Gordon Lehmann 3 3,944 03-06-2019, 02:55 PM
  Display Problem simonv92 12 9,406 03-04-2019, 09:54 AM