Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dosing pumps
is there any electronics that have to be put on the dosing pumps
Reply to top
No, pumps connect directly, the board has the electronics already added. You should have the diagram for which wires go to the RJ45 on the connector board. You can connect any kind of 12v pumps as long as each one doesn't draw more than 600ma or power.
Reply to top
do you have a preference of a doing pump?
Reply to top
Not really, I have the following but 3 of the 4 make a lot of noise, seem to always work though. Have no idea on accuracy haven't measured it yet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-DC-Dosing-pu...Sw7ThUgzNk
Reply to top
Is there a way to calibrate them within your interface or would I need something like this in order to do it?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...97&alt=web
Reply to top
You can calibrate each pump in GUI. Here's the 3 screens related to the pumps.

settings > hardware > Dosing Pumps
[Image: hardware_dosing.jpg]

settings > dosing
[Image: settings_dosing.jpg]

settings > schedules > dosing
[Image: schedule_dosing.jpg]
Reply to top
so i have some special 6 volt dosing pumps that are very accurate and i have a small voltage regulator board so i am seeing if i can make it work i will let you know what happens

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply to top
Nice, that should work, 12v comes out the controller so put that into the regulator and connect the 6v to each pump. Nice thing is grounds are being switched so you only need one of those regulators for all pumps.
Reply to top
here is the boxes for dosing pumps

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply to top
Looks great, how do you connect them to the RJ45? Are they joined together? Do you have a part number or brand, those look like nice pumps. The ones I'm using I won't sell because I don't think they're very good.
Reply to top
rob is there any way you can make it so we can change the name of the fertilize to what ever we want it to be called ? here is the pumps i am using 6V DC DIY Dosing pump Peristaltic dosing Head For Aquarium Lab Analytical water search it on febay 

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply to top
At some point I would like to, I also want somewhat customizable names for the other temperature probes but yeah it'll be a bit before I get there.
Reply to top
(11-10-2015, 09:09 PM)Rob F Wrote: Nice, that should work, 12v comes out the controller so put that into the regulator and connect the 6v to each pump. Nice thing is grounds are being switched so you only need one of those regulators for all pumps.

Hello Rob,
 I have same parts. Where 12v comes from?.  Can i take it from any pump on the rj45?
Reply to top
Hi Dom, yeah you can use the 12v from the RJ45 for dosing pumps as each pin shares the same 12v. Each of the grounds is switched so you don't want to share grounds. Here's an image with the pinouts.

[Image: RJ45_Dosing_Pumps.jpg]
Reply to top
Ok, thanks
Reply to top
I just discovered the weirdest problem ever. I can't make heads and tails of it.

I bought some new pumps. My old ones where just a bit too slow.
But they also have pretty high resistance.
When the motors run free everything is fine. But once I stall the motor shaft or attach the pump heads, the motors don't stop spinning. They just keep on going until I release the resistance on the shaft.

I first thought it's back-EMF and installed reverse protection diodes. But that did nothing. (Well except of blowing one of my FETs because I installed the diode the wrong way round.)

Any ideas?
Reply to top
Hi Tilman, its possible the transistors driving the pumps are under powered. I found a better transistor for them, if you're able to replace them I can send you some which I think will fix it. These are the small 3 pin transistors above the dosing port, there's 5 of them, 4 for the pumps and one for the feeder.
Reply to top
That would be nice. I will get back to you by email later.
I mean I had blown one of my output stages anyway. Need replacement either way.

What type transistor/FET did you use? Perhaps I have some in my parts bin...
Reply to top
Any N-Channel mosfet should work as they are low current.
Reply to top
Lazy question. What package is that? And what current rating should I be shooting for?
I can't very easily get at my boards to check. :D
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble shooting dosing pumps TilmanBaumann 12 11,766 01-21-2016, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Rob F