Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi :)
Hi Rob !!

First of all, congratulations for the work you did on "Robotank" ! I also code on arduino, and I can only be admiring in front of your work ! I code a small controller for my aquarium but nothing to do with it !

I was so impressed that I decided to buy you a kit in the next few days (you can start to prepare it lol).

It will install in my 700L (185 gal) recifal.

Quick question: Once the kit buy, is it possible to have the program source code, and we have the right to change it ? (addition of functions, change of language etc ... and why not share them with you if you wish to integrate them in the official verssion).

See you soon

Seb.
Reply to top
Hi Seb, welcome and thanks for the kind words. I just ran out of circuit boards and waiting on new ones, I'm thinking they'll arrive this coming week but might not be till early next week.

You do get all the source code and can change it for your own use, sorry I don't have the code open-source for a few reasons, one of them is I don't want different versions floating around. If you do make any changes that could benefit the community and want to share I can add it and would give you credit in the sketches as contributing, I hope you understand.

Thanks
Reply to top
No problem for the cards, I expect to order at the end of the week, and anyway, I'm ready to wait a few more days before being delivered :)

I fully understand that you do not give the code in "open source". I participated fully in the coding of some project whose code was open source, and find parts, even all, without any modification, except for the deletion of my name in other projects, and the person claims to be the only author of the code :(

Anyway, in the case where I made modifications or additions in your code, I give them to you alone, free to you to integrate them or not and without any counter part :)
Reply to top
That wasn't very good of that person, for sure if you contribute I'll put you name near the top of the sketches with what you did and it'll be there forever. :)
Reply to top