Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ORP Atlas sientific
Hello,
I have a tentakle shield from atlas scientific and one PH probe and one ORP probe, all together from Atlas with the ezo stamps...

the PH probe works at all 4 plugs on the tentakle correct.
The OPP shows allways on the display of the controller "1020" nothing else.
The stamp works both as an I2C (blue led) and they are reading by the controller (the light changes after some seconds to lightblue and goes then back to blue)
the probe seams to work, on the other ph-plug it shows an value on display.

It seems to be two posibilities: the ezo-stamp didnt work in the correct way or the software didnt read the ORP

Has anyone the same problem?
Reply to top
Hi Roland, it sounds like it could be in the software. Can you upload the sketch I attached to the controller, then open the Arduino IDE serial monitor and set it baud rate to 115200 in bottom right corner. Then type in r and press enter. You should get a reading from the circuit every time you do that. If that works its something I did.

Attached Files
.zip   ORP_I2C.zip (Size: 1.8 KB / Downloads: 164)
Reply to top
Hello Rob,

this is the result:

Initializing sd card...
SUCCESS - sd card initialized.
SUCCESS - Found index.html file.
eepromValue: 50
Starting Controller -------------------94
Startup Complete -------------------20943
Startup Complete -------------------21146

The controller starts up and after some time it shows this. if I enter "R" nothing happend!
Reply to top
(01-13-2018, 08:57 AM)roland33 Wrote: Hello Rob,

this is the result:

Initializing sd card...
SUCCESS - sd card initialized.
SUCCESS - Found index.html file.
eepromValue: 50
Starting Controller -------------------94
Startup Complete -------------------20943
Startup Complete -------------------21146

The controller starts up and after some time it shows this. if I enter "R" nothing happend!

If you see those lines, you aren't upload sketch properly. That orp_I2C sketch don't contain any code that can print those lines :)
Reply to top
Hello niksunen,
I upload the sketch again. If I enter "r" I get the massage:

Failed

nothing else! :-((
Reply to top
(01-14-2018, 07:01 AM)roland33 Wrote: Hello niksunen,
I upload the sketch again. If I enter "r" I get the massage:

Failed

nothing else!  :-((

Well, now atleast sketch is uploaded correctly :D 

I look and it seems (according to manual) that ORP chip use default state to UART, not I2C. When you chip is idle state, which color is lit ? Green is UART and Blue is I2C. If you have uart, you have to set chip to I2C state. Instructions to that you can find manual page 37. https://www.atlas-scientific.com/_files/...asheet.pdf

Edit: Nevermind, i didn't read first post properly :)

Maybe you should upload some i2c scanner sketch and see if it can see that chip properly. It default i2c address is 98 (0x62) and ph stamp / chip default address is 99 (0x63) if I2C scanner doesn't see orp stamp, then it might be broken (or bad connection etc)
Reply to top
The strange thing is, that the controller find the stamp: if I plug the stamp in one socket, he shows allways "1020" in the display, equal in wich places of the tentakle I plug it in. If I removethe stamp the display shows "N/A". I think that the connecten betwenn controller and tentakle is okm because the ph-stamp works on each of the 4 places correct.
do you know a scanner sketch wich I can upload?
Reply to top
(01-14-2018, 10:57 AM)roland33 Wrote: Das Seltsame ist, dass der Controller den Stempel findet: Wenn ich den Stempel in eine Steckdose stecke, zeigt er immer "1020" im Display an, gleich in welchen Stellen des Tentakels ich ihn einstecke. Wenn ich den Stempel entferne, wird das Display zeigt "N / A". Ich denke, dass die Verbindung zwischen Controller und Tentakle okm ist, da der ph-Stempel an jedem der 4 korrekten Orte funktioniert.
Kennst du eine Scannerskizze, die ich hochladen kann?

Kalibrieren mal deine orp Sonde dann geht's, war bei mir auch so

Du muss die orp Sonde kalibrieren dann zeigt sie dir auch die richtigen Werte an .Ich hatte das auch so gemacht
Reply to top
Hallo Addi!
Ich habe die ORP-Sonde neu kalibriert auf 225mV.
Bei der Kallibrierung wurde der Wert 4.7 angezeigt dieser Wert wurde dann als 4 gespeichert und nicht als 225!???. Jetzt zeigt das Display permanent 4 an egal in welcher Flüssigkeit die Sonde ist.....
----------------------------------------

I recalibrated the ORP probe to 225mV.
During calibration, the value 4.7 was displayed, this value was then stored as 4 and not as 225! ???. Now the display shows 4 permanently no matter in which liquid the probe is .....  

K05106
Reply to top
(01-14-2018, 12:54 PM)roland33 Wrote: Hallo Addi!
Ich habe die ORP-Sonde neu auf 225mV kalibriert.
Bei der Kallibrierung wurde der Wert 4.7 angezeigt, welcher Wert dann als 4 gespeichert und nicht als 225! Jetzt Zeigt das Anzeige permanent 4 eine egal in Welcher ende Flüssigkeit Sonde ist sterben .....
------------------------------- ---------

Ich kalibrierte die ORP-Sonde auf 225 mV.
Während der Kalibrierung wurde der Wert 4.7 angezeigt, dieser Wert wurde dann als 4 und nicht als 225 gespeichert! ???. Jetzt zeigt das Display 4 permanent an, egal in welcher Flüssigkeit sich die Sonde befindet .....  

K05106
Hast du die Sonde mit Robo Tank kalibriert ? Ich hab es seperat mit einem Mega und den beispielcode vom Atlas.... gemacht
Reply to top
Ich habe es mit Robotank gemacht
----------------------------
I did it with robotank
Reply to top
Hey guys, thanks for jumping in. Based on what Addi discovered it sounds like an issue with the calibration on the controller, maybe use the sketch from Atlas until I get it solved. It's the same sketch you used when you typed in r for a reading. Instead of typing in an r type in Cal,clear to clear the messed up calibration and then once the probe is ready in the solution type in Cal,225 and it should work. After you type in that you can type in Cal,? and it'll verify it was calibrated by showing ?Cal,1, if it comes back with ?Cal,0 then it hasn't been calibrated.

When you're done type in the r and you should get a valid reading, if you do you should get real numbers on the controller.

Here's a link to the manual you can see it on page 48.

https://www.atlas-scientific.com/_files/...asheet.pdf
Reply to top