Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introductions and few question before ordering
Hi guys
My name is Roger, i am robotics and mechatronics engineer working as production manager in automotive electronics sector.
I was looking for aquarium led controller for my Aquareef 400 s2, and came across Robo-Tank controller,
first of all congratulation Rob for doing excellent job on this project, aquarium controller within reasonable cost (and open source) is dream for all aquarium hobbyist.

(Apologies if any of these questions are already answered or discussed in forum, I only manage to read some parts of the forumn and threads)

I was mainly looking into doing DIY LED lights to update my existing LED lights that comes with aquareef 400S2, 
so i have few question

1. as a LED controller, has anyone manage to control lights as per live weather outside, i.r cloudy, partly cloudy, thunderstorm etc etc.?
2. any specific probes you guys are using that will just work plug and play, i.e pH, salinity and conductivity etc. ?
3. I have currently running Jebao Jecod Gyre wavemaker, CP-40 , which works great, has anyone tried connecting it with robo-tank controller to control the waves?
4.which automatic fish feeder you guys are using and that works well?

Happy new Year to all forum members :)
Reply to top
Hi Roger, nice to meet you and thanks for your kind comments. Technically its not open-source as you only get the code if you buy a kit however all the code is available to make changes for yourself.

Here's my thoughts on your questions, maybe others can jump in.

1. This isn't setup yet but I'm working towards that. I'm actually working on an update that for starters will allow the lights to start and stop based on the sunrise/sunset times.

2. To use those probes you need circuits from Atlas Scientific, these work good and the controller is setup to read 2 ph, 1 orp, 1 dissolved oxygen and 1 conductivity circuit. They require some setup but its not to bad, I'm have a new manual which will help and on the newest boards I have pins available to make life easier. Here's a link, if you know what you want to monitor and I can post links of whats needed.
https://www.atlas-scientific.com/

3. I did some searching and it doesn't look like the CP-40 works on an Arduino or Apex, I found a couple people who tested with the Jebao adapter from Apex but they are different. If it works with Apex it should work. I have a couple Jebao WP-10's that's I know work on the controller but that's all I've personally tested. Also the controller isn't setup for making waves yet but I'll be working on that soon. Only thing that can be done today with them is use the LED channels to control them.

4. I use the feeder from Ehiem, it seems to be reliable. You do have to open it and solder some wires and a transistor internally. If you can solder it's not to difficult.
https://www.eheim.com/en_GB/accessories/...ish_feeder

Happy New Year
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Few questions Rob Wheatley 11 10,426 08-15-2018, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Rob F