Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new upload
uploading new software tonight and I get this

In file included from Controller.ino:63:0:
C:\Users\rott\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.5\libraries\Wire/Wire.h: In member function 'void atlasSensors::readCircuit(byte)':
C:\Users\rott\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.5\libraries\Wire/Wire.h:51:13: note: candidate 1: uint8_t TwoWire::requestFrom(int, int, int)
     uint8_t requestFrom(int, int, int);
             ^
C:\Users\rott\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.5\libraries\Wire/Wire.h:48:13: note: candidate 2: uint8_t TwoWire::requestFrom(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t)
     uint8_t requestFrom(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t);

Not sure what it means but shouldn't be there I am sure of that then at the bottom I have this

WARNING: Spurious .github folder in 'DHT sensor library' library
WARNING: Spurious .github folder in 'DHT sensor library' library

using Arduino 1.6.5new install on win 10 followed the how to install inside the zip
             ^
Reply to top
Hey Dale, hmm I haven't seen that before, is that the full error message? Usually it'll show more info. If you browse to that directory do you see the wire library? I attached a copy of the wire library I have in that directory, try replacing it with that.

Attached Files
.zip   Wire.zip (Size: 10.35 KB / Downloads: 181)
Reply to top
I was just programming a controller and realized I got the exact same message as you did, I see it so often I forgot. :) It doesn't mean anything, also forgot to mention the bottom two warnings you get are also normal. Just things in the libraries that could be cleaned up but means nothing. It should still compile and upload with no problems.
Reply to top
Ok cool just bugs me when little things don't line up like they should. I was trying to get the software loaded on before I went to bed last night got to the red OK button and I can not click on it touch screen does not work no matter where I touch and the screen dims out a little every minute or 2. I have the controller connected to the screen with the patch cable and the control box has a 12v 1A wall plug only one I had at the time going to see about a plug that will fit the controller and hook it up to a 12 2A psu for power I did uncomment the line for the Sainsmart 7" screen that I am using. I know Sain smart isn't that great but I have 2 of them I need to use for some thing besides paper weights
Reply to top
Since the controller powers up and screen lights up the 1amp power supply is enough but yeah that's pushing it. Here's a few things to try so we can figure out what it is.

1 - connect controller board Arduino to computer as it currently is and open serial monitor in IDE. Does it say the SD card was found and index.html located?
2 - load the "test_touch_sketch" I attached to the display, open the serial monitor and see if data shows up when you touch the screen.
3 - load the "communications_check" sketches attached to both display and controller and see what shows up on the display. After it powers up press the reset button on the display Arduino to run the test again.

Attached Files
.zip   Test_Touch_Sketch.zip (Size: 1.3 KB / Downloads: 179)
.zip   Communications_Check.zip (Size: 23.77 KB / Downloads: 185)
Reply to top
HI Rob
I tossed the 1A power supply and got a 5A works a lot better I did number1 and got the SD card and index.html both located
then I did the second one... and yes The X and Y coordinates changed every where I touched the screen don't know if there where right or not but at least.

then I did number 3 all went well so I reloaded the sketches and it is mostly working fine touch screen is a little off and 2 icons are missing so I need o look in to that is there a way to like you can export your all ready set up controller settings and I can just import them all in to mine and reboot and it set up just like yours? like a settings.ini file
Reply to top
Hi Dale, glad you basically have it working now. Are those 2 icons on the homepage dock? Those aren't being setup using "defaults" so you have to manually do them. Go to settings, customize, homepage dock and setup both docks how you want. Then go to system, settings and restore defaults, this will correct any other problems that might be there because you were using the Due for the older controller.

At the moment you can't really export/import settings, that is something I hope to add at some point so users can setup their own defaults.

That was one problem with the Sainsmart screens, calibration was very difficult and the same calibration numbers didn't work the same on all displays. If you're using the calibration file from the download package that's all I have, if its out to much you'll have to run the calibration sketch and try and get it better. I attached a sketch to calibrate. Remember to close all IDE's and restart after you change the numbers in the UTouchCD.h file otherwise the IDE won't see the new changes.

Attached Files
.zip   ScreenCalibration.zip (Size: 2.9 KB / Downloads: 170)
Reply to top
ok will get on that Just got new supplies in to build new 12 HDD raid server going to be fun putting it all together the one I have now sounds like a Jet liner in my office
Reply to top
Sounds like you'll be busy for a while, have fun. :)
Reply to top
Hi Rob,
I newly installed boards without any trouble during loading.
But it doesn't work... touch screen works during few seconds, after that, it is blocked.
I have made a calibration and touch test. Can you help me?
During test I seen that 1-1 where on the right top of screen. It's ok?

Dom.
Reply to top
Hey Dom, I was just informed last night about this issue, a few have had it. Because you have the internet disabled not long after the controller starts up it tries to connect and goes in a loop trying forever. When its connecting the touch on the screen is disabled that's why its not working. I'm going to post the fix this evening.

For now if you find line 1058 in controller sketch add // in front of it to comment it out, that will get it fired up.
Reply to top
It's working now but with your update. Not by adding// on line 1058. I tried but there was a mistake...
Know my issue is touch screen, it's working on mirror ( left /right). I made 2 calibrations without change.
Reply to top
So, how to say that?...
I forgot to copy touchcd file at its right place!!
It's working now...
Reply to top
haha, I now how that goes. I would always forget to close the Arduino IDE after replacing the utouchcd file so changes were never seen. Glad you got it working.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New display board/rules? Skwerl77 1 3,204 07-31-2018, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Rob F