Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daylight saving time
Hi,
Rob is almost running out of ideas... K05163

Might daylight saving time be a good idea?

Reply to top
K05108  for this idea :) 

It is much better if devices can change daylight saving time on automatically. So you don't have to remember it. Currently i have only robo-tank, microwave oven, coffee machine and couple other devices that i have to change time manually.  And i almost everytime forget some :D 

But yeah, if this is too much or difficult to add, i can live without it :D
Reply to top
Man you guys are lazy. :) If everything is automated what will we do. :) One day I do plan to add it but still so much to do. Before that one thing I'm going to do with the time is have it calculate sunrise/sunset times based on lat/long coordinates so lights can run in an optional auto mode.
Reply to top
For Rob, nothing is too difficult to add... K05164

Yes, automatically would be nice but to be honest, is it always the same date??
Wiki tells me that in the EU daylight saving time runs from the last sunday of march till the last sunday of october.

You are making is lazy Rob, it's all your fault !
So be consistent and add this feature.
Just joking, would be nice but when it's too much work then skipp this idea.

Reply to top
Haha lets hope so. :) I agree it would be nice for clock to change, its the only one in my life I have to worry about. I think the date changes which makes it a little more difficult but its still pretty easy, just to many other things still to do. One day it will be there. :)
Reply to top
(04-20-2017, 12:50 AM)Arne Wrote: For Rob, nothing is too difficult to add... K05164

Yes, automatically would be nice but to be honest, is it always the same date??
Wiki tells me that in the EU daylight saving time runs from the last sunday of march till the last sunday of october.

You are making is lazy Rob, it's all your fault !
So be consistent and add this feature.
Just joking, would be nice but when it's too much work then skipp this idea.

Nope, not same date every time. So if made automatic. You have to use either gps clock, or ntp time server (or add some kind of "table" where are listed days when dst changes). And gps doesn't work because robotank don't have gps chip :D Offcourse it will be handy if someone break in and steal your aquarium while your sleep. So Rob must add "FindMyAquarium" function :D 

And ntp, is working only if you are internet connection. So i say that automatic, or whole dst is kind of unnecessary. I can change clock two times a year :D
Reply to top
I think it can be done with math as well so it would work for everyone. Yup "FindMyAquarium" next on the list. :))
Reply to top
Rob, Robotanks is still giving me a headache when I want to set a password...
Is it okay for you when I post what it throws at me??

Reply to top
Oh no, looks like one more issue to solve. Is it the internet password of display lock? What are you experiencing?
Reply to top
Well, to be honest, I think Robo-Tank is also getting quite rude...

K05163  K05163

Reply to top
hahahaha, that's one issue I can't solve. ;)
Reply to top
Just delete the picture if this is for 18+
K05163

Reply to top
it should be ok, can't read it unless its blown up and need an account which could be hard to setup. :)
Reply to top
Rob, what do you mean by calculate sunrise/sunset times based on lat/long coordinates?
I mean, will it be able to adapt to the place you live or where the animals are coming from?

Reply to top
When you put in the lat/long for your location or any location and set the timezone it will calculate sunrise/sunset times based on that. So yeah you can have lights start/stop according to season. I'm going to tie it in with optional moon light as well and the weather storm again.

Then after that's working I also want to add a feature, internet required, that would look up the current weather for that location and if its cloudy the lights wouldn't go as bright that day, based on the percentage of cloud coverage. If it's stormy then an optional storm could startup as well. That's the idea anyways.
Reply to top
That sounds great Rob !!

Reply to top
Arne I like that Password very funny :)
Reply to top
Thanks Rott... ;)

Reply to top