Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robo-Tank v3.6 is Ready
Hello everyone, I have an update available which includes new features and updates to some current features. 

The first addition is a detailed equipment log which records the equipment type, time (records 24hr format but displays according to settings) and action that was taken. This will log all the major equipment such as the AC outlets, dosing pumps, lights, auto feeder and ATO system. Later I'll be adding the other equipment ports.

When an outlet is switched on/off the log will report the outlet number with outlet type, the time it happened and if it was turned on or off and if it was turned on manually, via schedule or via a custom rule. The same will happen when a dosing pump starts, it'll record pump number with custom name and how it was activated. When a dosing pump stops it will also record that event. For the lights, it records when a fade starts and if the lights were put in the temporary mode. A record is created with the ATO starts and stops and if it malfunctions. It'll also record when the controller is restarted and if the resume button is pressed.

Each day's actions are stored in a single file, the file name is the date. The page shows the total actions for the day and you can view 16 actions per page. I currently set the limit to 256 actions for a day but that can be easily increased if needed. If it goes over 256 actions it'll still record the event it just can't be viewed.

[Image: equipment_log.jpg]

Next is the ability to switch the four spare temperature sensors between DS18B20 temp sensors or DHT22 temp/humidity sensors. You can switch by going to the settings, hardware, port assignments page and set to what you want. If you change one or all to DHT22 the sensor page will show temp and humidity values. The wiring for both sensors is the same so you can hot swap any of those without damage, if the setting doesn't match the sensor you simply won't see anything on the display.

At the same time I decided to allow custom names for all 7 temp sensor ports. Because 5 of the ports can put out 2 parameters (temperature and humidity) you can add 12 custom names total. This is so buttons throughout the interface will all have a name. On the sensor page, the same box is shared for both parameters so the custom temperature name is used there. If the custom name is two words it'll split the words and show the first 7-9 characters of each word on the button on different lines so it looks good. The custom names can be a maximum of 18 characters and all the names are stored on the SD card so they aren't erased with future updates. I also moved the dosing pump custom names to the same file on the SD card. The "settings.txt" file is in the "system" folder.

I also updated the alarm settings, graphs and custom rules with the new humidity, co2 and 2nd PH probe parameters so they can be used to control equipment as well. When I did the graphs and alarm settings I forgot about the four flow meters so these will be added next time.

That's basically all today, more to come though. :) If you can think of improvements or find any issues please let me know.
Reply to top
Hi Rob.Do you know when the weather fuction ,sensor calibration and the power outlets open/close time on the power outlets be ready?
Reply to top
Great feature Rob, thanks !

Reply to top
Nice additions Rob. I'm excited to use this new data for trend analysis on a number of parameters, plugs and sensors.
Reply to top
Great update going to have to get it loaded up
Reply to top
Thanks guys, slowly getting there.

(06-11-2017, 12:53 AM)johnrc Wrote: Hi Rob.Do you know when the weather fuction ,sensor calibration and the power outlets open/close time on the power outlets be ready?

Hi John, sorry I'm not sure at this point but hope it's not too long. Next update I would like to get the additional on/off times for the other 8 AC outlets, calibration for Atlas circuits and the weather function. Quite a few people are waiting for these things.
Reply to top
Rob, I have installed v3.6 but haven't got a clue where to find this new log feature...

Reply to top
Thas good news Rob,but i don't know how to set time at the first 8 outlets.i can see the default time (12:00) but i can't change the values...........
Reply to top
(06-14-2017, 12:17 AM)Arne Wrote: Rob, I have installed v3.6 but haven't got a clue where to find this new log feature...

You can find it under graphs, then hardware. 

(06-14-2017, 03:00 AM)johnrc Wrote: Thas good news Rob,but i don't know how to set time at the first 8 outlets.i can see the default time (12:00) but i can't change the values...........

You'll notice on schedule 1 it says either "always on" or "always off", that means the schedules for that outlet are disabled. If you press and hold where it says "always on" it will beep and the time will show up in white. Then a quick press will open the window to adjust the time. All the other schedules that are greyed out are also disabled, press and hold one of them to enable, when the times show white it means they are enabled.
Reply to top
Yep, found it, thanks Rob.
It logged all actions except for the dosing pumps, these actions are not in the log.
I'm still using the "working" dosing schedule but to be sure, I will monitor whether dosing actually works or not.
To be continued... ;-)

Reply to top
Hmmm, that's strange. If it isn't logging then it can't be dosing. My log shows all mine and someone else has verified they have it all well. It all uses the same code so if an outlet logs then the dosing pump should as well if it runs. If you manual dose do you see it? You can test on a pump not being used so you don't actually dose.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Robo-Tank v5.20 is Ready Rob F 51 33,239 05-31-2020, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Robo-Tank v5.13 is Ready Rob F 61 38,558 06-19-2019, 12:30 AM
  Robo-Tank v5.12 is Ready Rob F 34 24,188 04-30-2019, 12:35 PM
Last Post: fietsenrex
  Robo-Tank v5.10 is Ready Rob F 157 89,786 04-18-2019, 10:43 PM