Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardware compatibility with Robo tank
Video 
Hi Rob,

I'm very interested in Robo Tank, I was wondering if you have a list of successful products that has integrated seamlessly with Robo tank.  Looking to build a 200-gallon saltwater tank and would like to include the Robo Tank controller to build around.  

IE: Can Rapid LED Dual Aurora Puck Kit with PWM interface with the PWM of the Robo Tank PWM controller.
Reply to top
(04-12-2017, 03:26 PM)Minky Wrote: Hi Rob,

I'm very interested in Robo Tank, I was wondering if you have a list of successful products that has integrated seamlessly with Robo tank.  Looking to build a 200-gallon saltwater tank and would like to include the Robo Tank controller to build around.  

IE: Can Rapid LED Dual Aurora Puck Kit with PWM interface with the PWM of the Robo Tank PWM controller.

Hi. Do you mean this kit ? http://www.rapidled.com/dual-aurora-puck-kit-dimmable/ 
And its "driver choice p (pwm) ? 

If so then yes, it will work. Those p drivers like this http://www.rapidled.com/mean-well-eln-60...le-driver/ uses 10v pwm signal (Fully programmable with 10V PWM) 
Reply to top
Hi Minky, thanks for your interest. Unfortunately I don't have a list of product that works at this time. The most difficult is the light because pre-made lights don't connect without modifying and its always difficult to figure out the dimming signal. Because you plan to build your own light its easy. That kit you mention and if the same as Nisu linked will work. I recommend the LDD drivers as they dim to 0%, those others I think only dim to 10% and then shut off. Plus the LDD's operate on 5v PWM which comes directly from the controller, the other drivers require a converter to up the voltage.

For other equipment most is compatible but typically requires some work connecting to the controller as you might need to make/order patch cables so you don't have to cut up the equipment. If there's anything specific you're thinking about I can try and verify if it'll work.
Reply to top
(04-12-2017, 03:58 PM)Rob F Wrote: Hi Minky, thanks for your interest. Unfortunately I don't have a list of product that works at this time. The most difficult is the light because pre-made lights don't connect without modifying and its always difficult to figure out the dimming signal. Because you plan to build your own light its easy. That kit you mention and if the same as Nisu linked will work. I recommend the LDD drivers as they dim to 0%, those others I think only dim to 10% and then shut off. Plus the LDD's operate on 5v PWM which comes directly from the controller, the other drivers require a converter to up the voltage.

For other equipment most is compatible but typically requires some work connecting to the controller as you might need to make/order patch cables so you don't have to cut up the equipment. If there's anything specific you're thinking about I can try and verify if it'll work.

Thank you Niksunen and Rob for your input.  Cool
Reply to top