Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunset and dawn light modes
Hi.

Rob are there any possibilities to add another light mode? Now there is "low sun" but i like if there is sunset and dawn modes. Because then i can use different tones / colors to them. Now when there is that "low sun" i have same colors / tones in morning and evening. And it looks much cooler if they are separate. 

I have now 162 watt led lights (total 324 leds) and i have 8 channel control. 2 white channels, 2 red, 2, green, and 2 blue channels. So i can adjust almost every tone / color i want :) So that is why i think that there is good to have more light modes :D

Most of dedicated light controllers have sunset and dawn modes separate, but i don't want to buy / add another control to my setup. I like to control everything using robo-tank :)
Reply to top
Hi Niksu, when I add the other light schedules I'll be changing the modes to match as well then you'll be able to have separate sunrise/sunset modes. Did those lights connect easy? Which ones did you get again?
Reply to top
(04-09-2017, 03:54 PM)Rob F Wrote: Hi Niksu, when I add the other light schedules I'll be changing the modes to match as well then you'll be able to have separate sunrise/sunset modes. Did those lights connect easy? Which ones did you get again?

Hi.
that sounds good :)  I have two of those lights https://www.bonn-aquaristik.de/econlux-s...h/a-89028/

Connect them was quite easy. Light cable was 6 wires, one of them (brown) is common anode and then there is white, red, green and blue wires. And they are color channels (w,r,g,b). There is also yellow wire, but it is n/c. Light take in pwm signal (24v) So i just connect 24v powersource (at least 3,5A) + to brown wire, and then i just take logic-level mosfet and connect robotank and powersource ground to mosfet source, and pwm signal (5v pmw) from robo-tank to mosfet gate. And then i connect white wire (white channel) to mosfet drain. Also i put 10k ohm resistor between ground and pwm signal. 

And repeat that to every channel and thats it :) Mosfet don't even get warm, even when control white channel (60 watt).

I used those mosfets. (there are better ones, but i have those in my shelf) http://www.tme.eu/en/Document/fca98d1462...B6060L.pdf

But i ordered some parts and redo that "connection" and add optocoupler before mosfets (to add isolation between light powersource and robotank, just in case) and change those mosfets to better ones :)
Reply to top
Right on, happy you got it going. :) Must be a big improvement from before.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Light Sliders in % Arne 3 4,874 08-12-2016, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Rob F