Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All outlets activated...
Hi,

I have noticed a couple of times that all the outlets get activated, turning green, spontaneously.
I had it twice when installing software and I thought it was over after restarting Robo-Tank.

But yesterday I came into the room and all outputs were green again.
After "resume" all is well again but it scares me knowing that this way all kind of stuff can be switched on uncontrolled.

I'm can't remember whether I had this with Gen1 or not, but I do have it with Gen2, all software versions.

Reply to top
Hi Arne, that's interesting, the first thing that comes to mind is the feeding schedule. I think that because it has confused others before and the default settings turn all AC outlets on when the schedule rolls around, could that be it? If you go to settings and then feeding you can adjust which outlets turn on/off when the feed comes around. If you don't want any feed schedules uncheck all the boxes in the feeding schedule page.
Reply to top
I'll have a look Rob... ;-)

Yep, I guess that did the trick Rob, great, thanks!
I removed all the X-es at the days for both the feedings.
Should I also remove the x at "enable feeder" so it is disabled?
Maybe that alone will be enough.

Reply to top
Great, that's something I definitely have to clean up so it makes more sense. Removing all the schedules is enough, you don't need to change the "enable feeder" setting. Now because you did that you'll have a timer on the home page for last feeding go out of wack because it won't be reset. To reset it you have to press the fish bowl on home page and then press manual feed but that will also turn all outlets back on if they are still set that way in the "feeding" page.

This is the way I have it setup so I get an updated timer every day and no outlets change.

I leave one schedule on for feeding every day and set it for any time of day. Then in "feed settings" I set the outlets on/off to match my current schedule when the feed schedule starts. For example if my lights are on when the feed schedule rolls around I set that outlet to on during the feed and do that for all the outlets. Then I set the feed to run for 1 minute and remove the X from the "feeder enabled" box.

I know what I'm going to do to make it easy and more robust just need to get it done. :)
Reply to top
Thanks Rob, important for me to know is that we can explain what happened... ;-)
I'm not sure what the enable/disable feeder means?
Is it to stop feeding temporary without affecting the schedule?

Reply to top
Exactly, gets scary when we don't know why. The "feeder enabled" setting is for an actual automatic feeder such as an Eheim or whatever. One of the ports controls this and that can be enabled/disabled. The idea of that was so you can turn the feeder on when you go away on holidays and off when you're back. Then you can still have the timer reset and outlets turn on/off if required but not have the auto feeder run.
Reply to top
Okay, that makes sence Rob... ;-)

Reply to top
Just needs to make more sense on the controller. ;)
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  v5.02 Automatic Outlets Not Working jlysaght3 3 3,778 03-07-2019, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  multiple outlets roland33 3 5,133 02-26-2017, 05:47 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Outlets Arne 2 4,607 09-17-2016, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Arne