Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Rules
Hi, well I've come up with an easier way of handling custom rules, at least I hope so. These rules are based on the different water parameters and sensors to control different equipment.

At first you will only be able to set one rule per parameter, but once this is up and running I plan to change it so many rules can be set for a single parameter. For example, currently once you setup a rule for "light temp" you can't add another for it based on different temperatures. Later you should be able to set many rules based on "light temp" or any other parameter using different levels. 

Let me know what you think and if it can be improved in any way. One issue is the line displaying what equipment is triggered technically isn't long enough, if all outlets were turned on/off using one rule the page won't look so good. :) I think about 10 actions per line will fit so I'm hoping that's enough. That's why I split the on/off lines when viewing the rule.

When you access the rules from the settings you'll get this screen. Here you can see any rules that have been set, each page will show 2 rules.

If an AC outlet is in the rule, the icon for that outlet with the "outlet number" under it will show up in the list. Green is a visual it will turn on, red will turn off.

If a dosing pump is in the rule the pump will run a dose. This would be an additional dose to your daily schedule. Once a dose is run from the rule it won't run again until the "less than" or "great than" value is reach and it hits the value set on the pump. Keep this in mind. For example, in the rule below if the PH drops below 7.15 it will run a dose from the pump in the list. This will never happen again based on the rule if the PH never climbs to 7.40 which is the value for the other side of the rule. Once the PH hits the 7.4 the rule for the pump is reset and the dosing pump will run again once the PH hits 7.15 again based.

On the right side it displays if an option is set. When creating a rule you can set this option and any outlets that are turned on based on a schedule won't change. 

[Image: rules1.jpg]

When you press "Add Rule" from the main page you'll see this. Here you select the parameter or sensor you want to use in the rule.
[Image: rules2.jpg]

After you select the parameter or sensor to use the bottom of the screen will show "Low Level" and "High Level" here you select which side of the rule you want to setup. If you use the low level to turn on an outlet you probably will want to setup the high level to turn that outlet off but its not necessary. You can use another rule to turn it off or have the schedules flip it back.
[Image: rules3.jpg]

After you select the level to adjust you can set the value when the rule is activated and what equipment reacts. In this example the rule is based on a float switch plugged in port 11. There's another page in the hardware settings where you can select what's plugged in the port. If we had selected an "Analog Sensor" this would be a value between 0 and 1023. For the float switch it can be changed from "closed circuit" and "open circuit"

Under this we can see the 16 outlets, icons will update based on your settings. 

Under this we can see the 8 dosing pumps, you'll see 4 characters from the custom pump name and pump number.

Under this we see the ATO pump and Port 10 - 13 on the controller. These ports icons will also change based on the "port assignments" page. Those ports can control powerheads or DC Accessories. 

The setting on the right is an option so the rule bypasses any outlets that are running based on schedules. For example if outlet 8 was set to turn off based on PH level and this option was checked, outlet 8 would only turn off during the off period of the schedule. Typically this option isn't checked but there are some scenarios it can be useful.
[Image: rules4.jpg]
Reply to top
Looking very good ! :) Any eta on this ?
Reply to top
Thanks, well I basically have it working in my head. :) Probably going to do it now so many rules for same sensor. I'm not good with ETA but hoping 3-5 days. :)
Reply to top
Ok :) No hurry, take your time :)

Is there possibility to do following. If ph drop below your set value, it set co2 outlet off. And if ph climb over that value, co2 outlet go on. But only in daytime. So when night time co2 is always off, it stays off.
Reply to top
Looks great Rob !
Your head must be spinning by now... ;-)

Reply to top
(12-12-2016, 02:45 AM)niksunen Wrote: Ok :) No hurry, take your time :)

Is there possibility to do following. If ph drop below your set value, it set co2 outlet off. And if ph climb over that value, co2 outlet go on. But only in daytime. So when night time co2 is always off, it stays off.

I can probably do that with another option like the bypass when schedule is running, it would be bypass when schedule is not running.

Thanks Arne, head will start spinning once I start trying to connect the dots. :)
Reply to top