Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to have ATO to run only at night?
I just got new lights for my tank and I'm getting a pH swing of around 0.2 between lights on and lights off.  I run kalk in the ATO and would like to setup something so I can do ATO only at night to even out the pH swings, but can't seem to figure out how to do it.  Anyone know of a way to do this?
Reply to top
Hi

Yes.  It's quite easy actually.  You set up a timer to turn your ATO system on and off.

It's probably better to have two timers one to turn the ATO on and then stay on, and one to turn off.

Here is a screenshot of an example I created to show how I would do it - My ATO's name is "Normal Run Level"

Attached Files Image(s)

Des
Durban - South Africa
[-] The following 2 users Like Dewd's post:
  • kdx7214@gmail.com, Rob F
Reply to top
(03-23-2024, 04:17 PM)kdx7214@gmail.com Wrote: I just got new lights for my tank and I'm getting a pH swing of around 0.2 between lights on and lights off.  I run kalk in the ATO and would like to setup something so I can do ATO only at night to even out the pH swings, but can't seem to figure out how to do it.  Anyone know of a way to do this?

Very sorry I haven't responded yet, I couldn't access the forum. I hope Dewd's answer was helpful, thanks for the great info Dewd!
Reply to top
(04-03-2024, 12:02 PM)Dewd Wrote: Hi

Yes.  It's quite easy actually.  You set up a timer to turn your ATO system on and off.

It's probably better to have two timers one to turn the ATO on and then stay on, and one to turn off.

Here is a screenshot of an example I created to show how I would do it - My ATO's name is "Normal Run Level"

Sorry it took so long to respond.  I had some things come up here and forgot about the post.  The off makes perfect sense and I have that setup now.  For the On though, there is no "turn on" and then "stay on" option.  There is a "turn on" and then "turn back on"  after some number of seconds.  I've got the # seconds set to 30 just so it would take it, but is that correct?
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ATO triggered Macro albinochicken89 3 2,264 04-18-2021, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Rob F
Question ATO timer reefsal 5 3,331 04-14-2021, 12:45 PM
Last Post: reefsal