Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC motor?
Dose the system have the capabilities? What am looking for is can I do variable speed, know if the pump shuts off, running hot?
Reply to top
Hi realmoto, yeah it can do that. Currently 2 of the 16 LED channels have a mosfet onboard that can be used instead of the PWM signal. Using the mosfet you can change the speed using the LED sliders for channel 15 and 16, you can also add a mosfet to any of the other channels easily. The onboard mosfets can handle 3 amps per channel without much heat. If you added an external mosfet to one of the LED channels you can get the amperage up quite a bit. There's also 4 ports for power heads, these can be setup for DC motors as well however they can only handle 1 amp. Today the controller isn't programmed to do anything with those but that will be added soon.

There is no visual alert if a pump shuts off but I do have plans to add something like that. The only visual alerts are the dosing pumps and AC outlets.
Reply to top
(12-06-2016, 01:07 PM)Rob F Wrote: Hi realmoto, yeah it can do that. Currently 2 of the 16 LED channels have a mosfet onboard that can be used instead of the PWM signal. Using the mosfet you can change the speed using the LED sliders for channel 15 and 16, you can also add a mosfet to any of the other channels easily. The onboard mosfets can handle 3 amps per channel without much heat. If you added an external mosfet to one of the LED channels you can get the amperage up quite a bit. There's also 4 ports for power heads, these can be setup for DC motors as well however they can only handle 1 amp. Today the controller isn't programmed to do anything with those but that will be added soon.

There is no visual alert if a pump shuts off but I do have plans to add something like that. The only visual alerts are the dosing pumps and AC outlets.

Is that 3 amps on 12 volt? or 24 volts?
Reply to top
They can be any voltage up to 55v, the mosfet is actually good to 40amps but the trace on the board is limited to 3amps. When connecting motors the ground is connected to the controller and voltage supplied by external power supply. The power head ports are good to 30v.
Reply to top