Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleaning mode
Is it possible add cleaning mode? Today when i clean up my aquarium, i change lights, and filter, airpumps etc to manual mode. But i forgot the heater :D 

And when i change water, temp probe go into the water to air, and therefore low temp alarm go off, and this start heater, and because water was low, the heater was almost complete with air. And when controller set it on, it go so hot, that it glass cover breaks :D And now i have to buy new heater.

So if possible to add cleaning mode, which turn off all devices you assigned (just like feeding mode) and keep them off until you press cleaning over etc button. That cleaning mode can be placed example service menu or something :)

Offcourse i can use manual mode and remember put everything off, (including heater output), but designed mode for that purpose is much cooler :P And we want Robo-Tank be cool as possible  K05164
Reply to top
Eheim and dennerle heaters should have build in protection against running dry and cracking..
Don't know what brand you have?
Also you could position the heater in such a way that it can never run dry

Also if I recall correctly there was a maintenance button on the very fist build of the robo-tank back when it used 2 mega's.
So it should be doable
Reply to top
Oh no, I had the same thing happen about a year ago, now I have an Eheim which isn't suppose to break. :) I do have plans for a maintenance mode, I'm going to use the service page. One of the features will be to monitor incoming water temp. When I add water I get it straight from my tap and stick a temp sensor up the hose so I can see what temp is going in the tank. On the service page will show a large temp readout which turns red/blue if temp goes above or below a set level and the controller will start beeping. I'm also going to add control for electronic ball valves which I'm hoping to tie in.
Reply to top
K05163 K05163  I Did it again, but this time heater not broke, but it go so hot, that when i realized it on, and pour water to it, water just vaporized instantly, so surface is over water boiling temp.  I pressed it manual mode, but it has to press twice, because first put it on, and second press switch it off :D And after first press it show that new manual icon, and i thought it off , but clearly i was wrong. 

When i get that energy meter finished and if there is ever that cleaning / maintenance mode i add it to "power usage check" because my heater uses 300w it is very easy to add code, that when heater or anything else than one light is on and draw power it beeps and show message to screen. My setup uses about 115w when i  cleaning, so any over that and alarm goes off and message show screen :) (off course this can be value that can adjust what every want)
Reply to top
Oh no, glad it didn't break this time. If you have a float switch you can add two rules, if float opens heater power shuts off heater otherwise heater has power. A maintenance mode will be added when I can, sorry I'm buried in work and have a lot more than just programming to do but I'm getting there. :)

Did you find a problem with the manual mode? I just tested again it seems to work as it should.
Reply to top
(01-29-2017, 05:28 PM)Rob F Wrote: Oh no, glad it didn't break this time. If you have a float switch you can add two rules, if float opens heater power shuts off heater otherwise heater has power. A maintenance mode will be added when I can, sorry I'm buried in work and have a lot more than just programming to do but I'm getting there. :)

Did you find a problem with the manual mode? I just tested again it seems to work as it should.

Dont worry, take your time :) And problem was me :D because i don' t realize first that when you press heater (or any other device)  icon, when device is off (and my heater was off then) it goes on :) which is right it should. And i have to press it another time, so it goes off and be manual mode. In lights, this was clear at beginning because i see when they go on. But in heater case, i dont see when it on and some reason i get confused. 

So no problem or bug/error in robo tank, just my head :D
Reply to top
this sounds like a great idea and also to be able ADD an Alarm to it to go off when it is time to clean filter media or other stuff to do with cleaning tank or filters or some thing like RO water filters add additive's to tank.
This is some thing I could really use to keep me on track.

Dale
Reply to top
Glad to hear no issues, I was worried something was wrong. :) I'll think more about the maintenance mode, I like the alarm going off but it'll need many alarms as some things don't get done as often. Maybe I'll add a 2nd warning, if someone ignores alarm they get an electrical shock. :)
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  display sleeping mode with sliding images ReeferHamburg 3 4,429 06-25-2016, 07:52 AM
Last Post: Rob F