Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kessel A80
Is it possible to control both intensity and spectrum on an A80 using the 3.5mm port on the lighting module?
Reply to top
(09-02-2023, 11:40 AM)jdu98a Wrote: Is it possible to control both intensity and spectrum on an A80 using the 3.5mm port on the lighting module?

NVM, I figured it out. I had been using the Ch 1-2 port and I was only able to control intensity. I tried switching to the Ch 3-4 port and I can control both now. Is that intended or what did I miss about the Ch 1-2 port?
Reply to top
Do you have two lights? Each light has 2 channels, they call them intensity and spectrum. For one light you need 2 ports, sounds like port 1 or 2 maybe wasn't confirmed properly or something could be wrong with it. All the ports work the same.
Reply to top
(09-03-2023, 01:29 AM)Rob F Wrote: Do you have two lights? Each light has 2 channels, they call them intensity and spectrum. For one light you need 2 ports, sounds like port 1 or 2 maybe wasn't confirmed properly or something could be wrong with it. All the ports work the same.

Just the one light. Yeah not sure about the Ch1-2 port. But switching to Ch3-4 fixed it.
Reply to top
Whatever port you had spectrum going to would be the one in question, do you have both RJ45's plugged in the equipment section? One PWM channel goes through one cable and the other 7 channels go through the 2nd cable.
Reply to top
(09-03-2023, 04:50 PM)Rob F Wrote: Whatever port you had spectrum going to would be the one in question, do you have both RJ45's plugged in the equipment section? One PWM channel goes through one cable and the other 7 channels go through the 2nd cable.

I did not, I only had the LED Ports rj45 plugged in. I bet that was it.
Reply to top
Perfect, that was it, it's either channel 1 or 2 that goes through the other cable, can't remember off hand.
Reply to top
(09-03-2023, 04:56 PM)Rob F Wrote: Perfect, that was it, it's either channel 1 or 2 that goes through the other cable, can't remember off hand.

Follow-up. Got both channels working on a lighting schedule, however I'm noticing a periodic flicker even when both channels are at 100%. It's not constant, it's every 10-15 seconds. The light will just dim for a moment. I have the DIP switches set to 0-10v analog. (I changed them to analog because I noticed constant flickering when they were set to PWM).
Reply to top
0-10v analog is correct, are you using reef-pi or my app? If mine that might be the problem, a while ago someone told me they had this issue, it would go away for days and then reappear.
Reply to top
Using ReefPi. I'm noticing that the flickering comes and goes now. Trying to nail down a pattern. Even considering other electrical devices running in the house, but it only happens when the channels are being controlled by ReefPi. Disconnected the light runs perfectly on its own.
Reply to top
Does it happen at any brightness level? For what it's worth maybe try 2 different channels on the controller. Do you have any AC wires running next to the light cables going to the controller?
Reply to top
There are definitely AC wires running along side. And there aren't a lot of options for rerouting them in my cabinet. Would shielded 3.5mm cable be worth trying?
Reply to top
It's possible, 50/50 I guess. Can you move them just for testing?
Reply to top