Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it feasible to use an NDIR sensor for CO2 air sensing with Robo-Tank?
I've been running into an issue with high CO2 in the house lowering the pH of my tank.  Is it even feasible to include something like that with Robo-Tank?  I'm going to ask on Reef2Reef as well, but thought I'd start here.
Reply to top
Interesting. I guess if you wanted you could add an i2c based sensor and run a separate script to save value to text file and then import into reef-pi using the file driver and use value to adjust pH. Might want to be careful though, best to ask at R2R for sure.
Reply to top
(07-09-2023, 09:23 PM)Rob F Wrote: Interesting. I guess if you wanted you could add an i2c based sensor and run a separate script to save value to text file and then import into reef-pi using the file driver and use value to adjust pH. Might want to be careful though, best to ask at R2R for sure.

I actually found a thread on R2R where someone has already done it.  The scripting is no problem and it looks like Adafruit now sells a SCD-41 sensor for temp/humidity/CO2.  There's also a script in the thread about it.  It's an I2C device too, so easy to implement.

Here's the link:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/reef-p...ng.976067/
Reply to top
Right on, this is one of the strengths of reef-pi, allowing data to be imported for use. Remember to keep the I2C wires as short as possible, ideally 6 inches or less.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Optical CO2 bubble counter? Sideways 3 3,182 01-23-2021, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Rob F