Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shift_Bob Tank
Hi!

I will post some picture of my tank and setup. I run a small 12 galons saltwater tank with a 10 gallons sumps.

My first was a 55 gallons but it was too much work since have a family and ectic work schedule.

I will run the screen flush mounted into my wall and the robotank on my wall behind the main tank.

https://youtu.be/IDB4RkEvA68

https://youtu.be/uVJ7pzH-qA4
Reply to top
Hi Shift_bob, nice thank, looks well established, how long have you been running it? Looking forward to seeing how you setup the controller.
Reply to top
Its been running for almost a year no with no loss.
I'll post some picture this week qhen i got some time to work on my setup.
Reply to top
Photo 
phew....   I was sure my  my  lcd screen was toast or just the arduino. 
At first i programmed the wrong kind and after that i played with it and shorted something.

My computer was not able to recognized the arduino after that after 25 minute of fiddling i succesfully reprogrammed with another screen files and everything started up..

Succes even my relay box is working fine .. Kinda DIY hack job.

http://imgur.com/a/HlmQh
Reply to top
Looks good, in your picture all outlets are in manual mode, when you're done playing if you press the "resume" button on home page they will go back to auto mode. Also looks like your PH is a little high. :) I quickly added the analog PH circuit code last night, looks like it needs adjusting. I'll get that fixed. :)
Reply to top
I was testing all my relay individualy and found out when i open my relay number 3 the 5 open too and .. is it a ground problem? I ohmed all all my hot and neutral when wiring my relay box maybe something is shorting inside.

i press outlet 3 or 5 = faint ligth on 3 and 5

i press outlet 5 or 3 = 3 and 5 are ligthed up normally.

if i press on outlet 3 or 5 = 3 and 5 shutdown.
Reply to top
Sounds like it could be the VGA cable, some are wired different. Can you check with an ohm meter to see if any pins are shorted from one end of the cable to the other? Here's the pins being used.

[Image: VGA-connections.jpg]
Reply to top
been a week since i could work on my setup.

I redid my setup and broke my 5v regulator(lost the other one...they are so small haha).

So i bought another one and redid my main powerbox + controller.

now the relay is behaving correctly. I didnt test my cable but i plan for another power bar.

My sump is in behind a wall of my main tank. I will have trouble to plug everything in my main box.

Toolbox robo-tank v 1.0 :)

[Image: 20161207_094539.jpg]  [Image: 20161207_094543.jpg] [Image: 20161207_094548.jpg] [Image: 20161207_094614.jpg]

If you think my post is not in the correct sub you can move it  thanks.
Reply to top
That has to be original, you even have a handle. :) Since the relays are working now it was probably the VGA cable missing a wire or one crossed over.
Reply to top
I noticed that you are tying all the commons together on the relays by jumping from one to another. This requires two wires held by a single screw.  I am having difficulty fastening down just one wire, and in doing so, I have stripped one of the binding posts. I have been using 14 gauge THHN multi strand copper wire throughout for all my AC current. I need it to be capable of handling the load for one or two heaters.

What gauge are you using?
And to anyone else, have you had similar issues stripping out the binding posts? What gauge wires are others using?  
Does anyone know the specs for maximum gauge on these relays. I can't seem to locate specs that state the max size.

Thanks
Reply to top
I agree, those terminals for the relays are small, I'm not sure what gauge they rate them at but it would be nice if they were bigger. 14awg is a good choice but 16awg will work (if two wires fit) as the wire is very short and the max for a relay is 10amps. Also that 10amps is the max for the relay board overall so very unlikely to even draw 10amps from one relay. For the actual power cord it might be better to use 14awg. It's also good to put a 10amp fuse where the power enters the power bar so it can't go over. I haven't stripped any posts but I have destroyed a screw as they are very soft and hard to get a good fitting screwdriver.

http://www.stayonline.com/reference-circ...acity.aspx
Reply to top
(12-07-2016, 08:48 AM)Shift_bob Wrote: been a week since i could work on my setup.

I redid my setup and broke my 5v regulator(lost the other one...they are so small haha).

So i bought another one and redid my main powerbox + controller.

now the relay is behaving correctly. I didnt test my cable but i plan for another power bar.

My sump is in behind a wall of my main tank. I will have trouble to plug everything in my main box.

Toolbox robo-tank v 1.0 :)

[Image: 20161207_094539.jpg]  [Image: 20161207_094543.jpg] [Image: 20161207_094548.jpg] [Image: 20161207_094614.jpg]

If you think my post is not in the correct sub you can move it  thanks.

Nice Set-up. ;)
Web Designer at Petstreetmall
"We are your pet supplies expert"

Reply to top