Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Install Robo-Tank App
Installing Robo-Tank

Installation is fairly easy once you have your Raspberry Pi running, here's a manual with pictures explaining how to install the operating system on your Pi, you need to do this before continuing. 

NOTE: You must install Raspberry Pi Debian Buster variant of the Operating System as shown in the pictures.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fED4...N7COY/edit

Follow the setup guide and it should go smooth. After the Pi restarts if the program won't open trying powering down the controller and power back up. If still won't load run the install script again.

A couple things to note - important.
  • During the initial app setup wizard you'll be prompted for controller version being used, leave this set to version 3 even if you have a prior version. After the initial wizard completes go to settings, system and change the controller version from there.

• During the initial app setup wizard it will get to a point and tell you it's going to scan for I2C devices, it should find one with the address 99 or 98. This is the pH circuit on the controller. It will ask you what this is, click on the pH circuit and then it'll ask for a custom name and your set.

• During the initial app setup wizard it will get to a point and tell you it's going to scan for DS18B20 sensors, if you have more than one plugged it you won't know what sensor is what unless you actually know the sensor ID which is unlikely so best to plug in one at a time so you can name them without confusion.

• After initial app setup wizard completes the dashboard will be nearly empty, I decided to disable all ports so you need to go to "Settings", then "Configure Ports" and click on any ports you use and enable them and select the function. Eventually I will be adding something to the initial setup wizard.

• The pH chart doesn't build until 5 minutes after it's added, the DS18B20's start immediately so you might wonder why, it will load, this will be corrected at some point.
Once installed you can go to "System Settings" page to check for future updates

Advanced Users

If you wish to explore the system or make changes you can't through the UI there's a few things you can do. One notable feature missing is ability to change DS18B20 temp sensor name after you give it the initial, you need to go to database DS18B20 table and edit the name there. This will come in UI soon, I kept forgetting about it.

Run phpMyAdmin to access the database.

Add /phpmyadmin/ to your Pi IP address like below.

http://192.168.1.45/phpmyadmin/

Username = root
Password  = robotank

You'll see 4 databases, the first 3 don't mess with, the robotank database is the one. Be careful.

FTP Access

You can access all the files on the Pi server using any FTP program, if you make any changes to the files upload this way and you'll be set. The source code for the C++ program is there but if you change anything in those it needs to be recompiled which is easy but I'll go over another day. The UI files just need to be updated and cache on browser cleared to see changes.

host: 192.168.1.45
protocol: sftp
port: 22
username: pi
remotePath: /var/www/html/
password: raspberry

Raspberry PI systemd System File

The C++ program is launched using systemd system on Pi, if the program crashes it restarts in 3 seconds.

Run the following command to stop the service, this will close Robo-Tank.
sudo systemctl stop robotank.service

Run the following command to start the service, this will start Robo-Tank.
sudo systemctl start robotank.service

Run the following command to disable the service, Robo-Tank will no longer run when Pi starts.
sudo systemctl disable robotank.service

Run the following command to enable the service, Robo-Tank will now launch when the Pi starts.
sudo systemctl enable robotank.service

Run the following command to view a log of main c++ program.
sudo journalctl -fu robotank.service

I think that's it, good luck and let me know how it goes.
Reply to top
How to install and set up Robo-Tank. I did the guides.It doesn't ask me what board version I have and keeps loading reef pi
Reply to top
(02-01-2024, 05:52 AM)MarbleSpider76 Wrote: How to install and set up Robo-Tank. I did the guides.It doesn't ask me what board version I have and keeps loading reef pi

I got reef pi running v 5.3. 
Status
  • Current time: Thu Feb 1 18:16:09, 2024

• Uptime: 27 minutes ago

• IP: 192.168.1.27

• about.pi: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.4

(02-01-2024, 05:30 PM)MarbleSpider76 Wrote:
(02-01-2024, 05:52 AM)MarbleSpider76 Wrote: How to install and set up Robo-Tank. I did the guides.It doesn't ask me what board version I have and keeps loading reef pi

I got reef pi running v 5.3. 
Status
  • Current time: Thu Feb 1 18:16:09, 2024

• Uptime: 27 minutes ago

• IP: 192.168.1.27

• about.pi: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.4

Now what??
Reply to top
Hi, looks like you're using the wrong manual, here's a link. When you install the OS be sure to select the "legacy" version in the Pi Imager program.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fED4...N7COY/edit
Reply to top
Now I'm getting

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this resource.Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe

Apache/2.4.56 (Debian) Server at robo-tank45g Port 80

phpMyAdmin
Home Log out phpMyAdmin documentation Documentation Navigation panel settings Reload navigation panel
Collapse allUnlink from main panel
New
Expand/CollapseDatabase operationsinformation_schema
Expand/CollapseDatabase operationsmysql
Expand/CollapseDatabase operationsperformance_schema
Server: localhost:3306
Databases Databases
SQL SQL
Status Status
User accounts User accounts
Export Export
Import Import
Settings Settings
Replication Replication
Variables Variables
Charsets Charsets
Engines Engines
Plugins Plugins
Click on the bar to scroll to top of page
SQL Query Console Console
ascendingdescendingOrder:Debug SQLExecution orderTime takenOrder by:Group queries
Some error occurred while getting SQL debug info.
OptionsSet default
Always expand query messages
Show query history at start
Show current browsing query
Execute queries on Enter and insert new line with Shift + Enter. To make this permanent, view settings.
Switch to dark theme
User accounts overview
User name Host name Password Global privileges Grant Action
mariadb.sys localhost No USAGE No Edit privileges Edit privileges Export Export
mysql localhost Yes ALL PRIVILEGES Yes Edit privileges Edit privileges Export Export
root localhost Yes ALL PRIVILEGES Yes Edit privileges Edit privileges Export Export
With selected: Check all With selected:
New
Add user account
Remove selected user accounts
(Revoke all active privileges from the users and delete them afterwards.)

Drop the databases that have the same names as the users.

Note: phpMyAdmin gets the users’ privileges directly from MySQL’s privilege tables. The content of these tables may differ from the privileges the server uses, if they have been changed manually. In this case, you should reload the privileges before you continue.
Reply to top
Sorry it's being troublesome, I think you'll have to run the commands in this post. You may also need to do the database thing in the following post.

https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum/thread-17...ml#pid8379
Reply to top
Configuration of pmadb… not OKDocumentation
General relation features Disabled

Create a database named 'phpmyadmin' and setup the phpMyAdmin configuration storage there.

i get to the Robo-Tank login page . put Robo-Tank and Robo-Tank in and nothing

i got it i need the conntroller id
Reply to top
my controller id say 0
Reply to top
That's interesting. It should still work with that at 0 but you can change it in the database, it's "supportID" in the "systemSettings" table. I use 9 digit number but doesn't really matter.

The database you create isn't named "phpmyadmin" you should have a database named "robotank". There's 35+ tables depending how may charts are running.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Robo-Tank Web App - Development Rob F 102 50,285 12-18-2021, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Rob F