Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water Change Button With LED
Hi I’d like to like to setup an auto water change system where a couple of 12v DC pumps (one pumping in, one pumping out) I’d like to trigger this with a momentary button which has a 12v internal LED!

I’m hoping to setup a macro that can trigger the pumps to slowly pump the water of an hour or so!

My problem is how to best integrate the momentary button to trigger the macro and how best to illuminate the LED to indicate that the macro is running?

Would this go into one of the sensor ports?

I’m on v6 Reef-Pi v3 Robo-Tank.

Best, Ian
[-] The following 1 user Likes iancarp's post:
  • Rob F
Reply to top
Hi Ian, happy new year!

Someone recently told me they setup a momentary switch to start a macro so it should work. Create the macro to turn the pumps on, delay, then pumps off, then add the switch to one of the sensor ports like it was a float switch. Then in reef-pi add the switch to the ATO tab and select the macro you just created for the control. See if that works.

For the internal light you could probably hook that up to a DC port and add that port to the macro to come on with the pumps and off with them.
Reply to top
(01-01-2023, 07:55 PM)Rob F Wrote: Hi Ian, happy new year!

Someone recently told me they setup a momentary switch to start a macro so it should work. Create the macro to turn the pumps on, delay, then pumps off, then add the switch to one of the sensor ports like it was a float switch. Then in reef-pi add the switch to the ATO tab and select the macro you just created for the control. See if that works.

For the internal light you could probably hook that up to a DC port and add that port to the macro to come on with the pumps and off with them.

Awesome thanks Rob I was thinking along these lines but wondered if there was a neater way as the pumps will also be using DC ports... (using lots of ports!) Maybe I'll drive the LED from the same DC port when I'm pulsing the pumps! :-)

Ian
Reply to top
At least one of use is thinking. :) If everything is under 4 amps you can run it all from one DC port.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Continous water changes Dilsh 1 360 12-26-2023, 11:31 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Custom LED Build - Apex VDM Connection kron 13 2,890 09-04-2023, 08:17 PM
  RGB LED Strip jdu98a 2 893 09-03-2023, 08:36 PM
Last Post: jdu98a
  LED's SyberSects 3 1,765 07-31-2023, 01:33 AM