Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RoboTank with Kessil A360x?
I think I already know the answer to this but thought I'd ask... 

Can I integrate my Kessil A360x with RoboTank? Bought a while ago and am just now getting around to trying to integrate. It has a USB-C in place of the 3.5 mm jack that was (apparently) on the older models.

If not, any recommendations for compatible lights?
Reply to top
Hi Kurby, unfortunately the A360x isn't compatible with external controllers, for some reason Kessil removed that option, maybe they were selling enough controllers of their own.

The Nicrew light works, a know a few people using them and are happy however I can't personally speak for their quality. They all work except the 30w version.

https://www.amazon.com/NICREW-Aquarium-D...s_li_ss_tl
Reply to top
Rob, thanks for the reply.

Unfortunate but not opposed to the Nicrew. Is connecting it to robotank the same as with the old Kessil (ie via 3.5 mm plug)?
[-] The following 1 user Likes kurby-reef's post:
  • Rob F
Reply to top
Looks like it if you watch the video on the amazon link provided.
[-] The following 2 users Like Coloredrock's post:
  • kurby-reef, Rob F
Reply to top
Yeah the Nicrew uses the 3.5mm plug, the equipment extension has four 3.5mm sockets so it's plug and play with a TRS male to male cable.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Ster...s_li_ss_tl
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rob F's post:
  • kurby-reef
Reply to top
I think I have the previous version of RoboTank (purchased Nov 2021). Is the current extension compatible? Or possible to connect through the PWM analog channels? Thanks for the help
Reply to top
Sounds like you have v1 controller if you don't have the 3.5mm sockets. You still have all the ports as the new controller just not the 3.5mm sockets which are an extension of the PWM/analog channels so yeah you can connect it directly to those and set the jumpers to 0-10v analog. Here's a diagram, it says Kessil but Nicrew is the same. If you need anything else let me know.

[Image: kessil.JPG]
Reply to top
Thanks for the diagram! Looks like I have a slightly different Robo Tank version (see attached pic), but the diagram is helpful nonetheless.

Separate question: Current power bar is compatible with my Robo Tank?
Reply to top
Ok, you must have v2 controller, if so you would have those 3.5mm jacks or maybe you have v3 like I sell now without the equipment extension, as you used a different email for the forum I can't cross reference you. The pic didn't upload, after you select it under the post there should be a button on the right side "add attachment" then another button "Insert into post" should show up.

The AC power bar is compatible with all versions of the controller, this I made sure not to change.
Reply to top