Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12v PWM peristaltic pump
I have two Kamoer NKP-S10B pumps I want to use for dosing.  I have another one I've connected to the DC1 port and it works just fine for ATO, but it does not need PWM.  There are the DC ports and a line of single pin PWM ports on the right side, and I have no idea which one I should be using.  The pump is 5w @ 12v.  If I need to use the vertical column of pins then I guess I'll need to use the "spare ground" to get the ground?  Not sure what a single pin would be useful for lol.

Thanks
Reply to top
Hi, those dosing pumps would connect to a DC port. The PWM / Analog ports are very low current, they are for LED drivers or other equipment that has 0-10v control such as some Jeabo pumps. Anything that runs off 12v would go to a DC port.
Reply to top
(12-25-2022, 09:59 PM)Rob F Wrote: Hi, those dosing pumps would connect to a DC port. The PWM / Analog ports are very low current, they are for LED drivers or other equipment that has 0-10v control such as some Jeabo pumps. Anything that runs off 12v would go to a DC port.

Can I still use PWM with them on the DC port?

Edit:  Assuming I can't use the DC port, how would I connect this thing and still use the variable flow rate on the pump?  Would I not use the Dosing pump configuration in reef-pi?
Reply to top
The DC ports are controlled via PWM so you are able to adjust the output through reef-pi. At 100% the DC ports put out 12v or 24v depending on power supply powering up the controller and can be slowed down to 6v or 12v. You would use the dosing pump configuration settings in reef-pi to adjust the output.
Reply to top
(12-26-2022, 02:41 PM)Rob F Wrote: The DC ports are controlled via PWM so you are able to adjust the output through reef-pi. At 100% the DC ports put out 12v or 24v depending on power supply powering up the controller and can be slowed down to 6v or 12v. You would use the dosing pump configuration settings in reef-pi to adjust the output.

Cool.  That's today's project then.  Thanks Rob!
[-] The following 1 user Likes kdx7214@gmail.com's post:
  • Rob F
Reply to top
Great, let me know how it goes and if you need more info let me know.
Reply to top