Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stay off at boot
I know this is probably easy to test but I also am in Charleston and expect my power will be out before I can test and won't be back on until after someone can answer. :)

Checking the Stay off at boot will make sure the device is turned off when reefPi reboots correct?

Is the port disabled, or simply off?  i.e. can I control it with timers and macro's to turn it back on?

I found that I better verify that some ports are turned off at boot.  I had a brown out due to Ian and I noticed that my Plan Feeder made it party time in the tank after that.   I assume the ReefPi reboot and came back online with the port on vice off.  I believe the solution is to check the "disable at boot" and that will ensure this doesn't happen again.
Reply to top
Hope you didn't get hit direct with Ian, sounds like it caused a lot of problems.

The stay off at boot feature should only make sure the outlet is off when it's reboot, after that it should work ok with schedules etc. Let me know if it does what you expect, I think it should.
Reply to top
Perfect, I think you are right. Power is still out so I guess I’ll confirm I’m the morning. Battery powered bubblers and candles for tonight.
Reply to top
I hope you have a good night.
Reply to top
Power is back on finally after 23 hours. 2 tanks dropped to 72* and a 3rd to 71* and my hospital tank that shares an exterior wall was probably lower. My 12 year old generator failed me so it's heading to scrap and I have a new one ordered. Hopefully I won't need it again but it's a drag watching all this water cool off with no good options to warm it again. I was about an hour from driving a few hours to buy another generator.

So far all I lost was 1 arrow crab. But I had 3 of them so the other two tanks are probably missing arrow crabs if one didn't like the temp drop. It could of been worse.
Reply to top
Sorry to hear about the crab and yeah would be hard watching temps drop and not be able to do anything.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Raspberry Pi Boot Configuration mcarleton 15 9,193 10-20-2020, 08:51 AM
Last Post: Rob F