Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My build
Just my build for some inspiration to people who still have no idea how to fit the controller nicely out of sight or just need some inspiration

Frontside
[Image: B1E6F8D2-DE7C-4B85-9ACB-9998B6CE3BC3.jpg]
Backside
[Image: 1D146253-950E-4A91-AB12-6BD25033C20F.jpg]
Dosing pumps
[Image: FC0CAD6A-FD56-4E2D-9009-A5068D55F440.jpg]

I still need to make an enclosure for the display unit
Small side note, the programming cable is fitted on the mega and is "dangling" out of the cabinet.
All plugable ports are accessable from the front of the cabinet, it might only be a nightmare to fit the atlas sientific circuits but that would be in January hopefully.
Reply to top
Looks good, I like how you've used a board. :) Wow, those are big outlets, I don't envy them. I'm guessing all those power supplies are for your lights?
Reply to top
Yup 3 in Total, the 4th is a 12v supply for the controller
Reply to top
That must be a lot of light, I have a large tank and one power supply about the same size and to much light. :)
Reply to top
well, the 12 vero18's needed 2 powersupply's to run them at full power (1A each) and the colored LEDs required also 1 for all of them at full power.
but as you might imagine, 12 veros is a bit to bright for a 240gal tank... you can literally perform brain surgery next to the tank with the lights at full power, which is still half of their maximum rated power...

the veros currently run at 10% and as long as everything remains stable until the end of next summer I might increase the light intensity.

and as for the outlets.. there were no grounded recessed available that only had a single output, otherwise I would have gotten the recessed and saved some space and had a much cleared look
Reply to top
How's the dimming running only 10%, it won't be as smooth as using higher settings if you know what I mean? Be careful adjusting them, a few months ago for some reason I decided to increase mine and algae started growing like crazy and wasn't easy to stop even by turning back down. Wish I never touched it. :)
Reply to top
actually quite smooth, the "steps" are only noticeable going from M1-M2 and M2-M1.
M1 is at 8 and M2 is at 100ish
M3 is at 250ish and M4 is a bit under 400.

but you can only see it if the room is completely dark and you pay close attention, so if you don't know you can see the steps you won't notice it.

I do plan on retrofitting the wiring to have 2 or 3 veros on 1 LDD100, now every vero has its own LDD1000 which is overkill to say the least..
Reply to top
Cool, 400 is quite low, not many steps to work with, maybe with the new wiring you'll get up to 2000.
Reply to top
That is why I think about retrofitting the drivers/wiring.
But everything is finaly running smoothly so I don't dare to touch it..
Reply to top
lol, yes if it ain't broke don't fix it. ;)
Reply to top
Well, I flooded a power supply yesterday.
Had to rewire the lighting which resulted in a aquarium that was in full disco mode this morning..

So to fix everything I had to change te setup and now each LDD runs 3 Vero's.

Only thing left is to adjust all the lights to the new setup, but the controller is currently in a light ramp
Reply to top
Oh no, I'm sure not the way you wanted to get it rewired. It'll be interesting to know what you set the levels at now.
Reply to top
Just double of what it was, high sun is now a bit over 800
Reply to top
Still a long way from 4095 but you're probably getting the best of the fade if its not short like 10minutes.
Reply to top
finally got my display case build :D
glue is still drying, tomorrow I'll remove the tape and maybe do some sanding on the edges
and still have to make the back lid and add some magnets so it can stick to the fridge which is next to the tank.
[Image: DD1DC845-37BB-4268-9A21-375A2D2B48ED.jpg]

PH is false, still no money for a sensor..
Reply to top
Looks good. I like the idea of having it on the fridge, if you use magnets make sure they are super strong, wouldn't want it to hit the floor when the door is shut. ;)
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Skwerl build so far... Skwerl77 2 4,490 07-10-2018, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  my build reef controller Neongt 16 19,919 06-18-2016, 09:02 PM
Last Post: rott
  Finish work build in ... Martin 14 17,117 03-03-2016, 10:27 AM
Last Post: rott
  Tilman Baumanns build TilmanBaumann 8 11,208 01-17-2016, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mpad