Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with 6.5
Hi rob ! I still have a problem with v6.5. I can’t use ac power outlets because when controller restart ac outlets becomes « off ». It’s dangerous for my aquarium.
Something else, Ato works but on log, it turn off very often.
I try to re-install debian buster and robotank, without rtc,but it does the same Thing. Malfunction with acpower and ato 
My ato 

I try to install robotank v6.4, it seemed to me it work well but i can’t download ? Did you delete this one ?
Thanks 
Reply to top
Hi tutuss21, sorry to hear, one of these days soon I should be getting back at it. It is a good idea to try 6.4 and maybe 6.3, I did delete 6.4 for some reason but I just reuploaded it. Let me know if one of those work.
Reply to top
I forgot to mention, on the ATO stop macro try removing the delay when switching off the pump. Having 1 second on the sensors should be ok.
Reply to top
Hi rob ! I did a lot of tests. Install, re-install rasbian, robotank versions , different sdcard and i’m a bit lost. I can’t install 6.4 directly. I try to install 6.3 and install 6.4 above , but i don’t have a number id and plugged stay red. Controller hangs. I re-install 6.3 with image sdcard that i have save. It work, i stay with 6.3, Ato, ph, t° works, but on my configuration ac outlets are controlled on inverse mode, but 6.3 doesn’t inverse. I can’t use my ac outlets. 6.5 is not stable for ac outlets.
I don’t understand because when i install and re-install different version, it never does the same things, Maybe because of the new rasbian update ?
Thanks for your attention
[-] The following 1 user Likes tutuss21's post:
  • Rob F
Reply to top
Hi tutuss21, sorry now I remember why I deleted v6.4, that version was compiled for the "bullseye" Pi OS variant were the other versions were compiled for the "buster" version of the Pi OS. That means you can't update from 6.3 to 6.4. There must be something wrong with the invert mode, can you post a picture of the "configure ports" screen where you setup the AC outlets just so I understand better. You're trying to flip the outlets so on = off and off = on?
Reply to top
Hi rob, thanks for response. On 6.3 invert mode don’t work, you forgot to install it.

Yes i need the outlets so on = off and off = on? because when the rpi stop, relays stay ´on’ and my accessory works. 
Ac outlet:power bar 1 outlet 1, when Logic is 1 (inverted): when icon is Green,the outlet is´0v’,when icon is gray output ´3.3v’ and when Logic is 0 it’s the same things.
My last image of 6.3 works with bulleye can i try to update 6.4 ? What instructions should i use to install it on top ? Can i use sudo wget -c https://www.robo-tank.ca/app/releases/Robo-Tank_v6_4.zip &> /dev/null && sudo unzip -o Robo-Tank_v6_4.zip -d /boot/ &> /dev/null && sudo bash /boot/robotank/install_robotank.sh  directly ?
Reply to top
I just looked at the code for 6.3 and yeah the invert option wasn't added to the backend only to the frontend. The "Logic" setting is the invert setting and I see you have changed that but yeah won't do anything. v6.4 does have that feature however I believe only the backend reacts to it. That means green icon will be off and grey icon is on when it's inverted. If you can look past that for now it should work in 6.4 or 6.5. This likely means when you add custom rules etc for outlets you'll have to think the opposite for the front end.

If you want to test 6.4 you can run the command you posted, after you do that if you get the red plug and time doesn't update on webpage then you'll need to recompile the backend using the following commands.

sudo systemctl stop robotank.service

cd /var/www/html/cpp

g++ -o robotank robotank.cpp `mysql_config --cflags --libs` -lpthread -lquickmail -lcurl

[b]sudo systemctl start robotank.service[/b]
Reply to top
Hi rob ! I succeeded to re-install v6.4 (with debian bullseye). I put power bar1 outlet1 on inverse mode. 

It work. When my button is Green outlet1 is 0v, when button is Gray outlet 1 is 3.3v. That’s what i wanted. My relay is well orderer.

I still have the problem when raspberrypi reboot, my button ac outlets becomes gray and stop materials. It doesn’t memorize the last position. Is it normal ?
Reply to top
Right on glad you were able to sort it out. It could be normal that the outlet doesn't go back after a reboot, do you have schedules setup for that outlet? If so that outlet should go to the correct state after a reboot based on the schedules. Also if the outlet is put in manual mode it should retain it's state after a reboot. I just checked v6.4 code and it should do it as well.
Reply to top
Hi Rob ! I re-install v6.5. It’ s ok. I'm sorry, I didn't understand how works ac outlets. I don’t have shedules, it’s all manually. I leave bouton Green with red point. When i reboot rpi, it’ s ok, my button stay Green and my materials stay on. Good !

I always my problem with ato, you can see on log the stop Ato work too frequently. 

Maybe i don’t understand the operation  ? I use only one level float. And my rules is:

Is this someone make Ato with one level float ?it's only me who is this worry?
Thanks for all !
Reply to top
That is the way to do it but to switch on i would put it at 4 sec delay

my heater script does the same thing
Reply to top
Glad to hear to you got the outlets sorted. The red dot on the icon does mean it's in manual mode now, no schedules or custom rules will change it, instead it'll be ignored. If you click the red dot it'll go back in automatic mode.

The custom rules for ATO are correct, it might be worth trying a longer delay like 4 seconds as RexM mentioned but I have a feeling that's a problem in the code as it's not coming on, just continually turning off. I think that's something else. Does it still turn on when it should? If it's working ok then its not a bad thing that it's always turning it off but yeah not very nice for the logs. If that 3rd custom rule is setup for the same outlet it's possible that's the problem.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problem reboot with robotank tutuss21 11 3,697 08-08-2022, 02:03 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Problem with v6.4 tutuss21 8 3,365 03-25-2022, 09:36 PM
Last Post: Rob F