Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Voltage on the light channels (pins)
I am after some help with diagnosing why I am not getting any voltage from the 8 channels of PWM pins on my Delux Robotank?

I have tried both with a custom install and the scripted install with the pre-configured db (which is what I currently have).

I have configured a light using the PWN channels and set it to manual and set the sliders on each channel to 100. I have tried all of the dip switch options moving between analog 0-5, 0-10 and PWM 0-5, and PWM 0-10. I am using the common ground to test for voltage with the Light pins.

I successfully have two thermometers working and I can see voltage from the other pins such as DC 4,5,6. (using the local ground pin)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Adam
[-] The following 1 user Likes RayMartinsHair's post:
  • Rob F
Reply to top
Hi Adam, are you running reef-pi? I'm thinking you are.

In the Pi SSH terminal can you run the following command. This will print out a table, you should see 40, 70, 63 and 68.

i2cdetect -y 1

The DC ports +12v pin is always hot so using the common ground you'll see the voltage if port is on or off. The ground pin on the DC port is what gets controlled, can you check a DC port using it's ground. A few of those DC ports should have been configured as an outlet so try turning one on/off to see if the port works.
Reply to top
Hi Rob,

I am running a V4 Pi.

The output from the i2cdetect -y 1 command only included 40, 63, 70.

Cheers,
Adam
Reply to top
Hi Rob,

I have also now found time to test the DC 1 through to DC 3 ports by creating three entries in the equipment list and manually turning them on an off. 

I can confirm that they all have 12V on all the time when tested with the common ground pins but when the individual equipment items/ports are turned on I can not read any voltage via their local ground pins.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Adam
Reply to top
Hi Adam, looks like you have the v1 controller, I thought this was v3 controller that's why you don't see address 68 with the i2cdetect scanner.

It looks like the driver is functioning at some level, I wonder if the configuration isn't correct. When you used the reef-pi install script I have did you select v1 board when it prompted?

Here's the manual for that controller, at the end of the page linked you'll see a table with pin numbers and driver name. In reef-pi can you go to "configuration" tab, then "connectors" and scroll down to the DC ports. 3 are "outlets" the other 4 are "Jacks". Verify the pin numbers match the table in the manual. If they don't then none of the ports will work. If that's the case the easiest way to clear it up is run the install script again and choose v1 board.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vko1...=h.2jxsxqh
Reply to top
(09-05-2022, 11:01 PM)Rob F Wrote: Hi Adam, looks like you have the v1 controller, I thought this was v3 controller that's why you don't see address 68 with the i2cdetect scanner.

It looks like the driver is functioning at some level, I wonder if the configuration isn't correct. When you used the reef-pi install script I have did you select v1 board when it prompted?

Here's the manual for that controller, at the end of the page linked you'll see a table with pin numbers and driver name. In reef-pi can you go to "configuration" tab, then "connectors" and scroll down to the DC ports. 3 are "outlets" the other 4 are "Jacks". Verify the pin numbers match the table in the manual. If they don't then none of the ports will work. If that's the case the easiest way to clear it up is run the install script again and choose v1 board.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vko1...=h.2jxsxqh

No I chose V3 assuming I had the latest board.

How can check to confirm what version board I have? I purchased the board in May 2021 (just getting around to setting it up)
Cheers,
Adam
Reply to top
That's likely the problem, if it looks like the first image in the manual it's v1.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vko1...S_Ebr/edit
Reply to top
(09-05-2022, 11:21 PM)Rob F Wrote: That's likely the problem, if it looks like the first image in the manual it's v1.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vko1...S_Ebr/edit

I reinstalled using V1 option and I now have voltage at channel one of the PWM pins!

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Adam
Reply to top
Right on, if you need anything else let me know.
Reply to top