Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nixu's Aquarium setup (Work in progres)
Thumbs Up 
Hi, I know my comment will not improve your Great job, but what will be the next great idea?... may be light and t° following  Season?! 
 Thanks guys for all of that.
Reply to top
Dom you mean to have your lights act like the changing seasons get shorter as winter comes then longer in summer I thought Rob did some thing like that. called scenes or at least was thinking about it before. where you could save them then recall them to use for stuff just like this.
Reply to top
Something like that. But I tried to joke ( with my poor English) when I see what nikseunen and Rob are able to do...
Reply to top
I am the same way I can not program like that wish I could
Reply to top
Finaly those missing parts arrived. chips / boards are now in place (wow they are small :D )

And project can continue. Making code "complete" shouldn't take long now.

Little check (yep i2c bus work fine even  between controller and powerbar has about 1m wire. (little offtopic :D I re-check and soldered all connections again when i2c scanner don't find anything  at begin :D Then i start to think that, it should find atleast eeprom. And then i see it Wire1. All this time i thought robotank uses sda/scl and not sda1/scl1. But yeah i figured out eventually) :D 

Reply to top
Damm. it not work :( I don't know why, but i can get energy meter function to work with those i2c adc boards. But when i connect it directly to arduinio analog inputs it works fine ( offcourse i change code to right inputs before that)...

I have to look this, if i get it working. But not yet, I have to put controller back to running (aquarium need it, before morning when dosing activates etc)
Reply to top
One day I would like to add all that weather related stuff, I have talked about it before but haven't done anything yet, it's closer to the bottom of the list but is it's there. :)

Niksu, have you tried the Adafruit library?
Reply to top
(02-14-2017, 09:36 PM)Rob F Wrote: One day I would like to add all that weather related stuff, I have talked about it before but haven't done anything yet, it's closer to the bottom of the list but is it's there. :)

Niksu, have you tried the Adafruit library?

Yep offcourse i have correct libraries etc. When i test adafruit test sketch i get some values, but they are not stable and range might be diffrent than arduinos. I know that those chips uses 12 bit inputs so i have to use 4096 and mid level 2048, but maybe i missed something. I keep testing, but i have to buy another arduino for test uses. Because i cant reboot and upload test sketch to my robotank all the time :D Aquarium suffers it, and now i do it basicaly at night time when there is only filters to run.
Reply to top
Yup better get another Arduino, don't want the fish to suffer from it. :)
Reply to top
I changed some of those functions / icons name and add couple more.

I also change that "watts per hour" back to how it was, so it draws line every 8.35 minutes. Actually it looks better that way than draw one line per hour, and there is then huge caps (and line graph don't work with those gaps). 

I still have little "bug" there. my function reset that value little too soon, because i realized that Rob graph don't draw that line exactly when hour changes (and my function reset it then, so result is that last line which should be the highest are not drawn correctly) i have to fix that to reset value after that last line is drawn, but then it loses couple of watt of beginning of hour :/

There is total consumption screen. It shows values in kWh (i think i should add that in the "header")

And there is total cost, it show values in euros / dollars

And there is graph menu and icons that i added. If you look closely you can see, that there is coming another new feature that i added. I can tell that it shows co2 usage in gramms (or maybe kilos, im not sure yet) 

This functions need new hardware / parts. like scale (kitchen, bathroom etc or load cell and HX711 module http://www.banggood.com/HX711-Module-20k...mds=search But i tell that more later when its ready and when i get all parts. 

Also you need two analog input with arduino. In nutshell you add your co2 canister on the scale / load cell (or if used load cell you can attach that cell to "roof" of your aquariuam cabinet and let co2 bottle to "hang" to it like wire or chain etc) and weight / mark how much it weight when its full (with regulators, and magnetic valve etc in it) and add that to right place in code (or maybe i even made screen to it) and then when co2 consumes, it gets lighter and lighter, and scale measured it. And do math, and calculate how much it has been consumed) Like i have bottle which contains 500g of co2, and when 250g is consumed it half empty (or full :D ) etc... Also it send email when it half left, 1/4 left and when it is empty. I don't know if anybody else need or want to use this kind of feature, but like always i made it mainly to myself and my own needs, but if somebody want i can send this also to Rob and he can decide if add this or not :D 

Reply to top
Looks good... I see you have a graph for daily and monthly consumption, don't you get a month view from the daily graph when you view by the month?

That new feature sounds cool, simple and probably effective, no more running out of co2. :) If you want to contribute the feature I'm sure others could use it.
Reply to top
(02-21-2017, 04:49 PM)Rob F Wrote: Looks good... I see you have a graph for daily and monthly consumption, don't you get a month view from the daily graph when you view by the month?

That new feature sounds cool, simple and probably effective, no more running out of co2. :) If you want to contribute the feature I'm sure others could use it.

Yeah you can get monthly and daily graphs example total consumption graphs. But if you want to check one month total usage, you have to then look what is month first day first value. and end of month check last value, and calculate the diffrence. 

Because total consumption is going up all the time (until you reset it) So in this month it start with zero, and when ends it be example like 60kWh and next mont start with that 60kWh and end example 119,45 kWh, so you have to do little math 119,45kWh - 60 kWh = 59,45 kWh. 
It is doable, but i personally like when month start with zero, and i can just read what consumption is. But still get total consumption if wanted by on looking and not by calculating all months consumptions together :D 

Because if i want same functionally in just one graph, i have to use code to reset consumption every months and then calculate those month values to get total. And this is so much easier to do with multiple graphs :D 

And thats way i added those daily and monthly sections. I added code to reset those total consumption values every day and every month, so when new day  / month begin it always start with zero, and you can see consumption clearer. Of course that total consumption still keeps going in background. So basically my function uses total consumption values in three variables, and it automatically reset two of them daily and monthly. 

I don't know if there any need of this, but this is how i figured it out. If you have better way, i changed those :)
Reply to top
Ah, makes sense. It all sounds good to me. :)
Reply to top
man this is a great add on
Reply to top
I added another feature. It shows in home page "scroll" section current co2 level. It measure it based aquarium / water kh level and ph level. Ph values controller get of course automatically in ph probe / stamp. But kh level you must first measure to your aquarium water, using those test to designed to it.

Currently you have to put kh value in code and upload new sketch everytime, but tomorrow or weekend at last i made screen to it, so you can enter kh value there :)  So when you do water changes etc, and if kh level changes you can easily add that new value there.

But also i think that making new screen only for one value is kind of stupid. Maybe Rob has good idea where to put it, maybe service screen ?

Also if somebody want, this can easily add graphs also :) Currently it just shows those values in homepage.

Code is working, but kh i set to 3 (i am going tomorrow buy those kh test, so i can put my real values it, but if my kh is 3 there is how much i have co2 in water)

And yes i know that those number location etc need little tweaking, but i do it later. It just quick addon, so i can go to bed :D Also i don't want to upload just for that adjustment, because every time i upload, i have to put filters another socket, so they don't go off. And thats way i have to upload changes only by nights when all other devices are off :D

Reply to top
Hello Niksunen, a great feature!
A long time ago (about one year) I wrote Rob to integrate this feature to control CO2 and the PH value.
But Rob is very busy with the development of the controller, so the feature stands at the end of the to-do list.
It would be optimal if there were a page on which the PH probe can be calibrated (3 point calibration), the KH value can be entered, and an upper and lower PH value or a CO2 value can be specified.
Then there is missing the possibility to switch the CO2 on and off at a shedule in depending of the PH-value (at night the plants do not need CO2) and an alarm if something is wrong.... and the luxury variant which weighs the CO2 consumption.

I hope Google has translated all this correctly ;-))
Reply to top
(02-23-2017, 12:48 PM)roland33 Wrote: Hello Niksunen, a great feature!
A long time ago (about one year) I wrote Rob to integrate this feature to control CO2 and the PH value.
But Rob is very busy with the development of the controller, so the feature stands at the end of the to-do list.
It would be optimal if there were a page on which the PH probe can be calibrated (3 point calibration), the KH value can be entered, and an upper and lower PH value or a CO2 value can be specified.
Then there is missing the possibility to switch the CO2 on and off at a shedule in depending of the PH-value (at night the plants do not need CO2) and an alarm if something is wrong.... and the luxury variant which weighs the CO2 consumption.

I hope Google has translated all this correctly ;-))

There going to be. I ask Rob if he are planning to do it, and if not i do. But he says that it is he's to-do list and are coming at some point :) 

And that is great idea to add kh value somewhere in same screens with that calibration functions :) 

"Then there is missing the possibility to switch the CO2 on and off at a shedule in depending of the PH-value (at night the plants do not need CO2) and an alarm if something is wrong.... and the luxury variant which weighs the CO2 consumption."

if i understand this correctly. There is this feature allready. I dont remember which update (maybe 3.10 ?) bring this function. I use it and works fine :) 

I also used it to start air pump and make air bubbles in tank (in night time) if ph is too low, so co2 "vaporate" aquarium quicker and ph is not go too low and harm fish

Nope i remember wrong, it was version 3.0 update which brings those custom rules. https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum/Thread-Ro...0-is-Ready
Reply to top
OK graet, my condroller is no ready because I work on the case for it... but I comming soon!!
Reply to top
I added that co2 level to graph also :) And now this co2 level function is working fine. It reads ph directly to ph probe / stamp and kh you must input by yourself.

There is short video of it. Currently i have any data to co2 level logs, because i just upload this feature and restart Robotank :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HqTG7kLiOg
Reply to top
Another great add-on, sorry Roland I haven't gotten to it yet. Re-writing all the code has set me back but thankfully everything is basically back to where it was. Maybe I can convince Niksu to share that so I add it in soon. :)

One thing I've had on the list for a long time is calibrating the Atlas circuits. I'll be able to add that soon, it will be 1, 2 or 3 point calibration. I already have most of the screens made up just need to add them. At that time I'll be adding options to enabled/disable each of the circuits so I can increase the frequency of the circuit readings.

I'm not really sure the best place to put the options, you and Roland will have to figure that out. Its hard for me when I don't fully understand what these values are for. My tank is very simple and I've never used that equipment before. I do have plans for the service screen though. :)
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finish work build in ... Martin 14 17,134 03-03-2016, 10:27 AM
Last Post: rott
Big Grin Robo-tank best controller aquarium majid.gh 2 6,246 09-29-2015, 05:42 PM
Last Post: majid.gh