Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nixu's Aquarium setup (Work in progres)
I started to do functions and screens to show each outlet data separate. There is current state. I have to make a lot of fine adjustment to get everything in places :) Those outlet icons are "synced" to your current outlets. And if you change them order in "customize outlets" setup theyre change that screen too. And also show current on off status :) (also manual new manual state / logo, which Rob release today)

Reply to top
Very nice, looks like you're having fun. :)
Reply to top
Now made little adjustments (and need little tweak still, like lift up all values about 1 or 2 pixels etc.), and code to calculate each outlet is ready and placed, but currently not used. this outlet screen shows only total data values, because i cant test those separate datas before i get my i2c chip order. But when i get, it is about 2 minutes job, to change each outlet show correct outlet data.

Each outlet peak and total consumption can be reset by pressing current value 2 second. Outlet total consumption value will be cleared in screen and graphs, but it still are calculated whole system total consumption (previous sceen) If want to reset all, it have to do that screen by pressing total consumptions 2 seconds.

Also i added previous screen (which show system total consumptions, prices, etc ) box/value which shows when system total consumption is reset, so you don't have remember it or write it down etc...

Because there is not very much space left in the screen, i have to add back "button/function) to top of the sceen. So press that logo before Energy Meter takes you back previous screen.

Reply to top
My i2c analog input boards is not yet arrived. I hope that those arrived in next week. But i made all other electronics and wiring ready to powerbar. And when those i2c chips arrived. i just put there in places and connect vcc, ground and rx/tx wires (din 4 connector, so between powerbar and controller is just 4 additional wires. And it can even down to 2, if take ground and 3.3 vcc to inside of powerbar) And those 8 loose (and ends taped) red wire to the boards. And it is ready. Then last tweaks and testing with code :)

There is picture of my current powerbar internals. It is kind of messy :D but i am not open it after that ever. So it don't mind. I use 9 ct (current transformers) to measure currents. 8 ct will be enough, but i wanted to use that one extra to measure whole system consumption. Because if use "only" those 8 ct (each outlet) it don't measure arduinos, display etc consumptions. Only devices which is attached to outlets. And i wanted to measure all, even arduinos, and display don't take much power but still.

And because i was lazy. I have that ct in that wire in begin, when i don't even thought measure each outlet separate. So i left it there.

Those 8 ct's can be placed "anywhere" like "hanging" near the outlets (like i have that number 9 ct, it is just "hanging" in that wire) . But i have plenty of room, so i placed them that breadboard.

Reply to top
Now that Rob released 3.10 update i can start work with graphs :) First i added Power now value (in watts) to show homepage (it can enable / disable just like any other values) And now when that is done (yeah it need little tweak to adjust value correct place) i start to add power meter values into the graph :)

There is picture of it. 

Reply to top
Looks good Niksu, I like you're using the min/max value. :) I tried to add comments to the graph code so you can get an understanding how they work, you don't need much code for more, just need to figure out where those lines belong. :)
Reply to top
Now i added first Power meter value to graph. It is Power now (currently power usage in watts). Later today / during next week i add more values. Like each outlet separate datas :) 

There is couple pictures. (i don't know if i use this icon, but it is there now and i change it if i make better :) )

There is lot of space to add icons (which is good :P )

I don't know if i use same color every screen or will i select something else for next values :) Also is there need to use / show decimals in watts ? I think it might be better, if they are without those .x decimals, but what thinks Rob ? 

This is zoom max out

And this is max zoom in. I don't know if i have a bug there, or if it works like should ? 

Reply to top
This will be good to keep track of expenses
Reply to top
(02-12-2017, 08:59 AM)rott Wrote: This will be good to keep track of expenses

This reminds me, will i add total cost in euros or dollars in the graphs also ? Is there need of it ? It shows still in Energy meter screen. But offcourse i can add it to graphs also if somebody thinks this is good idea :) 

(this daily consumption is wrong, it works, but it reset after every controller reboot and start to zero (and i rebooted controller today couple of times), (i add function so it start where it was before reboot, and off course it reset automatic in midnight, this midnight reset work right now)

Total cost and total consumption works like it should, it save data to sd card, and start where it was when reboot controller (just like daily cost should, but i don't make this function just yet)

Reply to top
I like the idea of being able to put in what your local cost is for power and get a running $$$ amount of what I spend on power for my tank is there a way to be able to put in both euros or dollars and just pick what I want?
Reply to top
(02-12-2017, 01:11 PM)rott Wrote: I like the idea of being able to put in what your local cost is for power and get a running $$$ amount of what I spend on power for my tank is there a way to be able to put in both euros or dollars and just pick what I want?

Yes there is. First i planned to add it directly to code. But then i realized that nobody wants to compile and upload new sketch to arduino just to change kWh - cost / price if there are changes. So i added function, so you can change currency and kWh price directly to gui. Just press kWh price section and it opens that setup screen.

There is short video of it. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXXpehdD_mE
Reply to top
maybe in graphs incase there is some thing you can look back on and see what pump or what ever was costing you how much to run could be good the next time you need to a new one. or if you need to look back and compare and see if there is cost saving in things like more frequent cleaning of equipment and things like that. This kinda of information could be a great asset to have specially over time on your individual tank.
Reply to top
Looks good, I don't think you zoomed all the way out as there is no limit. Every time you zoom out the max number (top number on right side) increases by one and will go forever. I did just notice the dates showing for weekly and bi-weekly isn't correct, not sure how they went bad but I'll have to fix that. Don't effect anything though, just visual.
Reply to top
I added couple new values to graph. one of them is Watt hours (just like Kilowatt per hour, but using watts instead of kilowatts, because in aquarium use values are quite small. So i get about 0.23 kWh or 230 Wh  and i like to show them bigger values so i select watts. But if somebody thinks this is bad idea it is very fast to change show kWh (also new icon must be made) .

Also in this "Wh" graphs i encounter little challenge. Rob graph function saves values every 8.35 minutes. And when we are dealing with "watts per hour" it is logical to save this value only once in hour.

So i done it (don't worry, all other values is still writen in every 8.35 minutes, i don't touch this function at all :) So now Wh value is saved once in hour, but because graph is designed to show 7 lines per hour, it may look odd to show only one. But there is picture of how it look when saves once in hour.

And this picture shows how it looks like when it writes value every 8.35 minutes. Like you see it start with zero every hour and start climb bigger and bigger, so it form like "step" pattern. There is picture of it. Those data values is not the same in both screens so don't look that :) 

What you guys think, which way is the better ? I can change it easily to use this "8.35" way also :) 

There is picture of current graph menu icons that i added. Total Cost icon shows euro sign or dollar sign, it depends which currency icon you have select in Energy meter settings.  That total consumption screen shows aquarium total consumption in kWh (and it can be reset in Energy meter screen)

Euro / dollar sign switch also top of total cost screen. There is still some adjustment to done, like switch total cost value to shows more decimals than one etc... 

And there is little video which shows how signs change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYcsgK4Yglo
Reply to top
This is a great addon and the only controller with it as far as I know
Reply to top
Ah now I see, so that's the total of watts consumed per hour? If so maybe a better name for graph is "Watts Per Hour" Writing the data every hour makes sense, watts per 8.35 minutes doesn't have a good ring to it. :) One nice thing looking at the graph written every 8.35 is you can see how quickly it increased, like that you would know which part of the hour most of the watts were consumed but yeah can be a little hard to read. Maybe have it write to SD card every 8.35, then have an option which switches between the two views. This wouldn't be too hard since there's 7 readings per hour, if the hourly view is selected you can use a while loop to only display multiple of 7's for the timestampID.
Reply to top
Yeah, i change that name to Watts Per Hour, it tells more than Watt hours :)

And you right, if write values every 8.35 min it shows how consumption increases. But fastest you see that in Power Now section. It writes current power usage in that moment (when 8.35 min is up) when watts per hour calculate entire hour usage, so it wont increases so wast.

There is example how power now sceen looks like.

Number one is night time, when i have only filters running. Number 2 is "day time" and then are on lights( but it first put half of lights on and little later rest of) , co2 (magnetic valve) etc..) number 3 is when half of lights is of. And those caps is when i restat controller. I put clean pictures of each sections when it keep it running with out restarts. And those huge "hole" /cap about clock 11-13 is" light pause", and then my aquarium lights iw completly off. It draws every day same figure (because every day is same power usage) , so i can see if something was wrong easily :) heater offcourse change pattern because it consumes 300w so reading go over 520watts then, but now heater is off (too warm inside our house)

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply to top
How about "power used" or "power consumed" for "power now"? Looking back in time isn't now. :) Since you have this graph having the watts per hour only show the hour is probably best. It does make more sense if you want to only see hour by hour but its up to you. That is a nice graph, like you say it'll be easy to spot any hardware issues. You'll know if the heater dies or whatever. Are you adding a graph for each outlet like the power now graph?
Reply to top
Yeah youre right i change that name also. And yep i add each outlet samekind graph. And this is whole system wide graph.
Reply to top
pretty cool, you're doing an amazing job. :)
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finish work build in ... Martin 14 16,588 03-03-2016, 10:27 AM
Last Post: rott
Big Grin Robo-tank best controller aquarium majid.gh 2 6,139 09-29-2015, 05:42 PM
Last Post: majid.gh