Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nixu's Aquarium setup (Work in progres)
I have little time, so i wanted to add little icons to status page values also :)

Here is picture of it. If you click it open bigger.

[Image: 14296433.t.jpg]
Reply to top
Coming along nicely. :) Are you streaming the video from youTube or something similiar?
Reply to top
You have the expansion hub on the 1st generation?
Reply to top
(12-02-2016, 05:55 AM)fietsenrex Wrote: You have the expansion hub on the 1st generation?

No, i have new generation 2 boards :) Why ?

Now aquacam is working, so i can watch aquarium feed everywhere i am (camera must adjust and locate better, it just for testing :) ) 
videofeed of my tank is showing great. and 30fps so it is nice to watch. it doesn't lag or buffering or else :) 

I also got "doses left" to working (big thanks to Rob, he guided me back to right path :) Now if i am out of town or vacation etc, i can check how much fertilizers i have left, and if it empty i can go buy more before i go home to check status.

Reply to top
This is looking really good fietsenrex, I like your organization on the webpage.

What camera and interface are you using to integrate it into the webpage?
Reply to top
Thanks but this isn't my build.

I was asking becuase I have a gen1 without expansion hub ;)
Reply to top
(12-02-2016, 11:02 AM)ChrisC Wrote: This is looking really good fietsenrex, I like your organization on the webpage.

What camera and interface are you using to integrate it into the webpage?

Hi and thanks (even i dont are fietsenrex :D ).

I have cheap D-Link dcs-930l wireless ip camera (but almost any other ip camera works, wireless or wired)  http://www.dlink.com/fi/fi/home-solution...ork-camera

I am planning to change that better resolution camera (fullhd atleast) now it has only vga resolution, but it works and i use it before i can buy new better camera. 

Ip-camera image is very easy to attach / stream website. This is the line i use myself: 

Code:
<iframe src="http://username:password@ipaddress:port/video.cgi/"  width="640" height="480" class="smart_sizing_iframe noresize" frameborder="1" scrolling="no" ></iframe>

That "username:password@" section can leave out if want, but then it ask camera password when you open that monitor / feed page (and it try to connect feed) Also i can create usernames / passwords of users which can only view feed, so admin username and password is totaly diffrent than that in code. So i don't mind to put that only view acces pass/username to source code. 

And if you want to watch feed outside your home network you have to use port forwarding in your router. So my public ip is 87.9x.xxx.xx and camera is using ip 192.168.1.44 and port 8090 in my private (home network). That way i have to use my public ip in that line "87.9x.xxx.xx:8090/video.cgi/"

And my router i have port forwarded my public ip and port 8090,  87.9x.xxx.xx:90 to private network ip 192.168.44:8090

I moved my camera to better location and mounted it, there is new screenshot camera currently location.

There is picture how i mount my camera. It is mounted below of my shelf, and pointing towards aquarium. Better place is directly front of aquarium, but o dont, have there nothing to mount it :) Also i have to hide that camera power wire, but before that i have extend it, because it is too short to hide properly :) 

Reply to top
Very cool, i'm going to start on this awesome project myself. Is there a pc interface or WinSCP, or putty?
Reply to top
(12-03-2016, 11:33 AM)realmoto Wrote: Very cool, i'm going to start on this awesome project myself. Is there a pc interface or WinSCP, or putty?

No, not really. But there is serial monitor, but currently it can only use to monitor things. But if you are good programming, you can add more things to use serial monitor connection, also input, but that need code changing. I use it only debugging etc, and after updates i check there is everything work correctly.

And web server data, pictures, icons etc are stored in memorycard. And when i want to modified / update them i take memorycard out of controller and put card reader that is connected to pc. And then memorycard back to controller and reboot system :)

Controller update work directly to usb connection between pc and controller (arduino)
Reply to top
(12-03-2016, 11:38 AM)niksunen Wrote:
(12-03-2016, 11:33 AM)realmoto Wrote: Very cool, i'm going to start on this awesome project myself. Is there a pc interface or WinSCP, or putty?

No, not really. But there is serial monitor, but currently it can only use to monitor things. But if you are good programming, you can add more things to use serial monitor connection, also input, but that need code changing. I use it only debugging etc, and after updates i check there is everything work correctly.

And web client data, pictures, icons etc are stored in memorycard. And when i want to modified / update them i take memorycard out of controller and put card reader that is connected to pc. And then memorycard back to controller and reboot system :)

Okay thanks, I like this in how it's expandible and only get better.
Reply to top
Sorry about that niksunen that what I get for reading your thread on my iPhone late at night in bed. Any way thanks for the info it's pretty cool what you are doing.
Reply to top
I cant edit those post anymore, so i put this picture in new post. I adjusted those control button colors etc, so now they are just like i wanted :)

Reply to top
Looks good niksunen, I like what you did. I think posts can be edited for 24 hours but subscribers aren't notified, only with new posts.
Reply to top
Rob looks like the stuff from that page I sent to you with all the java a Json scripts to add stuff to your phone now you just need some sliders for the lights and it would be crazy cool
Reply to top
Yeah its nice but its all niksunen, I had nothing to do with it.
Reply to top
I know that.. I was just saying it looked like the web site I sent you with all the how to make the phone app stuff using Json.. But the web Site has a lot more. with out adding any weight to your script it is all done in text and CSS if I remember or one Java Script page for all the affects then you just enable or disable
Reply to top
I forgot to add picture of my dosing pump tube "holder" :D I have Juwel aquarium, and it has list all over top of it, and i don't use sump so "regular" tubeholder just don't work, because they cannot attach over / edge of my  tank. So i look what i have in my stash and made following holder:

It is attached to glass by two suction cup. I know it is not pretty, but luckily it is all the time out of sight, under aquarium lids (black, so cannot look trough) :)

Reply to top
You still use the internal filter?
You could fit the tubes from the dosing pump to a piece of pvc and attach it to the outlet of the filter
Works like a charm for me on my external filters
Reply to top
I always wanted to know how much my aquarium uses energy, and how much it cost etc. First i think to buy external energy meter, but then i realized that i have 2 arduinos in aquarium cabinet, i can use those :) And so be it.

Currently i have made this much, i don't have all electronics that i needed, but when i receive my order, i can make everything up and running. Those values are currently "placeholders" so i can see how it look when it ready. I know there is lots of doing and tweaking, but slowly :)

[Image: 14320825.t.jpg]
Reply to top
Wow! Nice work! I can hardly wait to see the final results.  Sure beats using a Kill a Watt meter.

Will you be able to monitor anything that's directly plugged into the Robo Tank outlets? What about the additional 8 outlets? I'm almost afraid to know how much power my tank consumes ;-)

Keep us posted!
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finish work build in ... Martin 14 17,263 03-03-2016, 10:27 AM
Last Post: rott
Big Grin Robo-tank best controller aquarium majid.gh 2 6,279 09-29-2015, 05:42 PM
Last Post: majid.gh