Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lunar Simulator
Hello,
  Just wanted to see if there is anything like Lunar Simulator Module Apex Unit? This will simulate the Moon Phase with Blue LED's 

Would love to be able to add something like this.
Reply to top
I believe reef-pi has a lunar mode however you have to define when it starts and stops, it won't increase/decrease during the phase. Either way if there isn't a lunar mode (sorry I can't remember and don't have it running at the moment) you can still setup a light mode to somewhat accomplish this but yeah it wouldn't be like the Apex module.
Reply to top
For the arduino unit:
You can just leave the desired leds on at a low setting, it has 4000 steps (4000=100%PWM) and you can dial it down to 1 if you want to.
Reefpi:
In 5.1 is a lunar cycle, you can define how long the cycle takes and the according PWM setting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fietsenrex's post:
  • Rob F
Reply to top
Thanks looking forward to getting my stuff and start setting things up. Just can't get this month as I have to finish my salt water sleeve this month.

The apex stuff is nice and all but geesh what such a high price tag.

(07-15-2022, 03:46 AM)fietsenrex Wrote: For the arduino unit:
You can just leave the desired leds on at a low setting, it has 4000 steps (4000=100%PWM) and you can dial it down to 1 if you want to.
Reefpi:
In 5.1 is a lunar cycle, you can define how long the cycle takes and the according PWM setting.

Thanks as I will be using the Rasberry Pi Version I think.
Reply to top
The Arduino version is long gone so one less discussion. :)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rob F's post:
  • josh237
Reply to top