Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daisy Chaining Floats
Hi 

Has anyone tried wiring a single float across AC1, AC2 and DCs 1-6 in series... 

I was thinking of having a single float sensor as an emergency cut for everything.

Ian
[-] The following 1 user Likes iancarp's post:
  • Rob F
Reply to top
I like that idea unfortunately it won't work though. The signal for each port goes through the backup ports so this would combine them. These ports are just inline on the signal, when the port is open the signal doesn't make it to the circuit which shuts off as it's not present, it's essentially cutting a wire.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rob F's post:
  • iancarp
Reply to top
Gah... thanks Rob I guess this could be done via a macro to switch everything down? do you know if there is a hierarchy ie if one sensors is switching a DC port up and another switching the same DC port down will the one pulling down win?

Ian
Reply to top
Yeah you would need to use a macro and normal sensor port so it can trigger based on it, that won't be a problem. Not really sure who would win a fight if 2 sensor ports were controlling the same DC port, haven't thought to test that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rob F's post:
  • iancarp
Reply to top
I'll give it a try see who wins! :-)
Reply to top
Right on, that'll be interesting. With different configuration, such as connect float via +5v and data using P-D jumper vs connect float via Ground and data using P-U jumper could give different results.
Reply to top