Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Secondary Heater
Hi,

I was wondering, in Heater Settings the Secondary Heater, which sensor will be monitored?
Or is it possible to assign a sensor?
I haven't figured it out yet... ;-)

Kind regards,

Arne.

Figured it out, seems like you can set two different settings which refer to only one and the same sensor.
Unfortunately at this moment I cannot see any usage in this secondary heater function.
Please light me up... ;-)

It seems you cannot set the Secondary Heater "Heater Off" lower than "Heater On"...
Yes you can but it doesn't work. I understand, after all, it's a heater... ;-)
Otherwise you could start a chiller with it...

Reply to top
Hi Arne, you'll notice when you go to customize the outlet icon screen you can any of the 16 outlets to a heater icon. You can only assign 2 outlets as a heater, if you try a 3rd it will beep and not allow it. Those are the outlets that will now be switched on/off based on the water temperature settings in the heater page. Obviously you can use anything in those outlets and have it turn on based on those settings, if you want to controller a chiller you need to make a small mode to the code for now. The 2nd heater is good for a backup to the first or can be used on a second tank. I'm going to change it so there's an option for each heater to be for a heater or chiller. That's basically all it is for, controlling the water temperature.
Reply to top
Rob,

I answered in the other thread which is also sensor related: https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum/Thread-Temp-and-humidity-sensors?pid=1576#pid1576

Reply to top