Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interupt input
Hi,

I would like at least one universal interupt input.
My led light has a micro switch which could switch off the lights when swiveled up.

I can imagine this interupt input could be used for more than, in my case, the lights.
It could i.e. interupt any outlet in case of...

Kind regards,

Arne.

Reply to top
you mean a "sensor" that switches off something (lights) when something (opening the canopy) happens?
Reply to top
Yes, more or less...
My lights have a microswitch to switch of the lights when opened.
I don't want to run 230V through my led lights, otherwise it would have been easy... ;-)
Just an external input pin on the board to interupt (overrule) the outlet.

Reply to top
so wire the DC trough a micro switch, or switch them off on the display :P
Reply to top
The drivers are not located in the lights itself but in the cabinet.
I run a multicable up to the lights.
To interupt the common DC for the leds is a little too much for this microswitch... ;-)

Reply to top
thinking of it..
I would be switching 5 amps at 48v with something like that...
that is a bit to much..
you could set up a 5V relay with a micro switch for the time being.
then the micro switch only has 5V at 15-20 mA each.

http://www.sainsmart.com/8-channel-dc-5v...logic.html
Reply to top
Stupid me...
I can simply interupt the wire that goes from the according channel to the relay board and switch off the light that way...

Reply to top
Sounds like you guys might have it figured out but you can also think of that micro switch as a float switch. On the expansion hub you can use port 10-14 for any type of switch and then setup a rule for that port to turn off the output for the light when the switch is open and on when the switch is closed, then you have no AC going to the light. Wire it the same way you would the float switch, you should have a diagram for that.
Reply to top
Thanks Rob, I will have it working the way I like it then.
I can simply swivel the front lights up to feed the fish so it's very comfortable when that part of the lights switches off then.

Reply to top
That would be uncomfortable having a light shining in your face when you swivel the lights up, this should work. If you feed the same time every day you can also setup a feed schedule for that time so the light goes off before you open it. :)
Reply to top
I will try to disable the led driver by using a pull down resistor on the PWM input and switch that with the microswitch.

Reply to top
You mean running the PWM through the micro switch?
Reply to top
No Fietsenrex, just pulling the PWM signal to ground.
The driver will shut down then.

Reply to top
Don't know what type of drivers you use, but with the LDD drivers you attach a 10k resistor between PWM and - to switch off the leds when te PWM is not present
Reply to top
I've got the LDD drivers too.
I have to test this but I think it doesn't matter whether the PWM is there or not.
When I connect the PWM input to ground through a resistor (small enough) I think the driver will shut down.
This way I can shut down a whole bunch of drivers (colors) with one single switch... ;-)

Reply to top
In that case you're better of running the relay signal through a micro switch.
Otherwise you need to run every PWM signal through its own micro switch
Reply to top
No Fietsenrex, I think it's not clear what I mean.
I have one microswitch available that's already in the light.
If I open the light I want this section to be switched off, by this microswitch.
I think we're talking about 8 or 9 drivers that should be shut down all together.
I'd like to try and connect a resistor on the PWM input of every driver that should be switched off and connect them to one microswitch which switches to ground.
This way I hope the PWM input will be pulled to ground enough to shut down the led drivers... ;-)

Reply to top
[Image: Pull-downresistor_zpsbfb95e1c.png]
I'm talking about this set-up, when the PWM is not present at the PWM pin the LDD will not switch on
Reply to top