Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RTC on v6.4
Hi
the RTC clock seems to work badly. I don't know if it's a kernel issue or a web interface issue.
The time is moving forward and backward, looks like the summer time is not handled properly.

Also, the 12/24 hours format is unstable, I would like to use the 24 hours, but after saving the proper
date and time from the web interface, the clock has started to have strange behaviours.

How to fix this ?

Also, "hwclock" doesn't work, I had to add a kernel module and create the i2c mapping to get hwclock working.

Code:
$ sudo modprobe rtc-ds1307
$ sudo bash
$ echo ds1307 0x68 > /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-1/new_device

now the clock is shown properly from Linux, but the web intarface still show unrealiable values
Reply to top
This was a Rob issue, shortly after I released 6.4 I noticed it, I updated the files but that was about 24 hours later. As you might not want to run the update again do the following.

Download 6.4 to the Pi and copy /boot/robotank/cpp/rtc.h to the /var/www/html/cpp folder then recompile. That should fix it.

I'm not using Linux to manage the RTC so you don't need to do anything to setup. All the code to read the RTC is hardcoded in the c++ program. When you run i2cdetect -y 1 if you see UU where the RTC address 68 would be you need to undo that.
Reply to top