Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
which food Feeder and why?
which food feeder is suggested for use with robo-tank and why?

i know there are a lot of models available, not all are compatible.

any compatible model that keep food dry?
Reply to top
I recommend the Ehiem as that's the only one I've used. The manual push button on the feeder bridges a ground path which starts up the feeder, once it starts it takes over and knows when to stop. This made it easy as the signal pin on feeder port is a ground that gets switched on and off. This is how it gets connected.

https://www.robo-tank.ca/Connect_Eheim_Auto_Feeder

This is the feeder.

https://www.amazon.com/Everyday-Feeder-P...s_li_ss_tl
Reply to top
food is kept dry or muisture will get inside?

is possible to power the feeded directly from robotank?
Reply to top
Not sure about that, my food has never gotten wet but it's definitely not sealed either.

If it was just a matter of turning on/off the feeder you could connect it to the feeder port, 3.3v and signal pin (ground).
Reply to top
the JBL could be used?
Reply to top
Sorry I don't have an answer, I'm guessing there's a way but without having it I wouldn't know.
Reply to top
I have just finished testing the Zacro and it appears to be able to be powered and controlled from the reef-pi also. I'm still debugging since this is my first try and anything in reef-pi. It is working.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dmsc2fs's post:
  • Rob F
Reply to top
(04-24-2022, 08:52 AM)dmsc2fs Wrote: I have just finished testing the Zacro and it appears to be able to be powered and controlled from the reef-pi also.  I'm still debugging since this is my first try and anything in reef-pi.  It is working.

Hi, thanks for signing up and posting, glad you're making progress.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AliExpress Feeder zee_zout 3 4,294 03-15-2022, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Rob F