Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6.3 Light Mode Setup
Regarding the setup of light modes in 6.3 just want to lay out what I did here to make sure it's correct and have a thread to ask question in about setting up light modes.

I have 7 channels of LED controls with each channel controlled by 1 pin of a PCA9685. Configured the PCA9685 pins as lights and assigned a name to remind me what channel is what color.

I went into light modes and clicked on each available light port from the PCA to add a mode like the directions at the bottom of the page say.

To test I created 5 modes throughout the day at various levels as shown below
[Image: aSHLekbl.png]

My understanding is that in my example the Royal Blue light will be off from 11:00PM until 11:00AM the next day and then with be on at level 100. At 1:00PM, it will increase in brightness to 200 and stay there until 4:00PM, where it will increase to 400 and then at 8:00PM it will decrease to 300 and go to zero at 11:00PM again.

Is this correct? What's weird to me is that as I am adjusting the sliders for those modes throughout the day, the light is adjusting as well. Is this because when I move the slider it goes into some sort of "manual mode"? 

If so, how do I get it to resume the schedule? Go to Homepage and hit the resume button?

Thanks for the help.

-Matt
Reply to top
You almost have it correct, to have light off from 11pm to 11am the first and last slider should be 0. As it is now at 11pm it'll be off but slow ramp up to 100 during the night.

There isn't any manual mode right now but it is normal when you move the slider the light will update. The code for modes is continually running so the next increment when it updates it'll send the correct value to the channel and it'll go to the proper level. I know not very good. Current resume button on homepage doesn't nothing.
Reply to top
Ok that makes sense now.

Actually, I don't mind not having a manual mode for the lights...don't really want to go crazy changing light settings on a reef tank once you've got them setup. And if I were to want to add moon lights one night, I could just pop into modes and make an adjustment to the channels needed and it would adjust.

Thanks for the assistance
[-] The following 1 user Likes zfreak_1125's post:
  • Rob F
Reply to top