Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help with robo-tank app
Ah, that makes sense about the icons, so it's just the inverting option that's not working, that should be an easy fix. I was wondering why I haven't heard of this yet, I think everyone is using high trigger relays. That's interesting you couldn't get them to switch, 3.3v should have be plenty.

Sounds good on the light modes.
Reply to top
Everytime I add a second PCA9685 it keeps adding 7 undefined outputs in the configure ports tab and when I add the third PCA9685 it only adds 9 outputs. Tried deleting from the database in phpadmin but no luck so I just reloaded v6.0 again and still did the same thing.

When I look at the database in phpadmin under the pinsAvailable tab it only shows 16 pins assigned to that driver. Is it because I'm not enabling all 16pins when I set it up? Also it keeps assigning the same driverID (48) to it? If I change the driverID would that force the JS to redraw the Configure Ports Advanced tab?

[Image: DkloKgYl.png]
Reply to top
There's nothing you can do to get the 2nd working, some changes need to be made in the code. I made some changes to how the pins are managed which broke it so I kind of expected this.
Reply to top
Hi rob, i reinstalled v6.0 and upgrade 6.3. Ac power not working. No button work. For exemple on acpower 1: i found 0v on all outputs except output 4 :3.3v and buttons have no action.
Reply to top
Ok, makes sense. Anything I can change easily on my end to correct the issue? Possible that this will be fixed in 6.4? Not crazy important right now cause I won't need lights for about a month while the tank cycles (getting ready to put water in this weekend), but will definitely need them to work soon.

Separate issue with the PCA, I added one and set up light modes...worked great on all 7 channels. Added the second light (3rd PCA) and set up light modes and now neither of them work when I move the sliders. Assume this is related to the pin management issue you described above??

Thanks again for all the work.
Reply to top
I restart pi with db9 unplugged and it’s work. All output on/Off with buttons work. Just the function inverted not work
Reply to top
@zfreak_1125 nothing you can change right now, I have to look into it to see what the problem actually is. I can't guarantee it'll be fixed for 6.4 but will see. The other issue sounds related as there's multiple pca9685's. Even though some pins show up it'll cause issues.

@tutuss21, thats great, thanks for letting me know.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Install Robo-Tank App Rob F 0 1,049 02-14-2023, 01:21 AM
Last Post: Rob F