Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help with robo-tank app
same here. with v6 everything works, when upgrade to v6.3 everything goes nuts
Reply to top
(02-21-2022, 11:27 AM)gandalf Wrote: same here. with v6 everything works, when upgrade to v6.3 everything goes nuts

currently not working with v6.0 either...

In 6.3 I could control AC outlets, but they were backwards even if I changed them to "Inverted". Know it's software related somehow cause the exact same setup works with Reef-Pi.
Reply to top
Hey Matt, sorry it didn't go so smooth thanks for letting me know the issues. I'll check those things and I'm going to make sure I test everything again before putting out 6.4. It might be easiest to wait till I put out the update, it should happen over the coming weekend.
Reply to top
(02-21-2022, 01:36 PM)Rob F Wrote: Hey Matt, sorry it didn't go so smooth thanks for letting me know the issues. I'll check those things and I'm going to make sure I test everything again before putting out 6.4. It might be easiest to wait till I put out the update, it should happen over the coming weekend.
Hey Rob, no worries. Install went really smooth on both 6.3 and 6.0, so the phpadmin issue looks to be resolved. Like I said, still setting back up so extremely easy for me to test things cause it has no impact to livestock. Also, I couldn't see how to add additional I2C devices to RT, but not sure if that was being caused by my other issues.

Other thing I just thought of...did any of the recent updates cause any issues with the V1 hardware? I know you had said the pin configurations were different for the V2/V3 hardware and were working on fixing that, so wonder if that fix caused issues for V1 hardware...just a thought. Thanks for the update on 6.4 and keep up the good work.
Reply to top
Glad the install went well, looks like that is solved. I think I know why you have a red plug, when you updated it removed the startup script for the program.

The I2C devices are auto detected, right now it only supports pH and pca9685. Only one probe will work though, I never tested two and there was an issue for two but I have that fixed in 6.4.

6.3 is only for v1, v2/v3 is coming on next update, I have that working now. This week I'm going to go over everything and see if I can spot any other issues.
Reply to top
Makes sense. I'll wipe the card again and go straight to 6.3 this time around and see how it goes. Any thoughts on why the AC outlets would be screwy...Normal or Inverted setting, they were opposite of the icon in the AC outlet section of RT.
Reply to top
Sounds good, hopefully 6.3 will detect your temp sensors and pH. This is the first I've heard of the outlets being reversed, I'll check it out for sure, same with the invert setting.
Reply to top
Got 6.3 re-installed. No luck with recognizing temp sensors, pH probe, or two I2C PCA9685s that were connected. Also, the outlets are still acting in reverse. I changed them all to inverted and restarted the controller from settings and they were still reversed so I changed them all back to Normal and restarted again, still reversed. I scrolled back up through the install in Putty and found the attached...not sure if it's related as everything seems to have installed correctly.

[Image: 9uhX7Cu.png]

I'll leave it up and running for the time being. If you need any screenshots of anything or need me to do anything to help troubleshoot let me know and I'll get it done.

Thanks
Reply to top
but what did you change in v6.3 ? Just bug-fixes or more features than v6 ? And what about v6.4 ? Did you add something new ? (3-points calibration for ph is useful and shouldn't be that hard to add)
Reply to top
Hi, i try the ac outlets. I have the same problem. Some outputs, i found 3,3v permanently, and some outputs work but the inverted not work.
Reply to top
Powerbar 1: if button « on »    « Off »
                           1.    3.3v.       0v.      Inverted not work
                           2.     0v.         0v
                           3.     0v.         0v
                           4.     3.3v.      3.3v
                           5.      1,15v.    1,15v. ?
                           6.      0v.        0v
                           7.      0v.        0v
                           8.      0v.        0v
Reply to top
@zfreak_1125 thanks for the pic, looks like something didn't go right during install, maybe that's some issues.

@gandalf lots of small additions and changes through out and there is no 3 point calibration, all calibration is 2 point, 3 point just allows a different range but only 2 are still used. For aquariums 7 and 10 buffer are best so no need for 3rd point.

@tutuss21 I don't think your board is compatible yet, 6.4 will work for you when it's ready
Reply to top
Rob,

Did an install of phpmyadmin like you described in another post as well as apache2 and both stated that they were already installed and no change was made. Thoughts on what I could try?

Do I need to do the steps in this post to enable the additional temp sensor ports? Maybe they would recognize...

https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum/Thread-On...56#pid6856

Thanks,
Matt
Reply to top
Looking at those errors again I think it might be due to the host name, a couple steps before it asks for one and that might be the reason. If you had 6.0 running and no red plug it's probably ok based on what I'm thinking those errors came from. You don't need to enabled those additional sensor ports, v1 just uses the default GPIO 4, this was definitely a 6.3 issue.

I think this should work. Reformat and reinstall 6.0, after that finishes it should detect the pH and temp sensors. Don't plug in your 2nd pca9685 yet though, good chance this might mess things up. After everything is running you can then try it if you like and see if it goes as planned. When you plug in it should popup, select pca9685 and it should show a table to assign pins. You can also do this on the configure ports screen under advanced view.

Once you're ready then run the update to get 6.3. Remember to clear browser cache after update CTRL + SHIFT + R.

After this if you get red plug under time you need to run the following 3 commands which will download the startup script that got deleted.

cd /var/www/html/cpp

sudo curl -O https://www.robo-tank.ca/app/updates/startup

sudo reboot

Once Pi reboots you should get the green plug.
Reply to top
Ok, so only change to the install command is to change 6.3 to 6.0 correct? Because it was actually 6.0 that I had the red plug on.
Reply to top
Yeah there's two instances of 6.3 you need to change to 6.0. If you had red plug after 6.0 then it wasn't what I thought and now likely due to those errors.

If you get those errors again exit the install script by pressing CTRL + C and run it again. This time try nothing when it asks for a host name. If errors appear again exit script restart and this time use raspberrypi as host name.
Reply to top
Ok, got the same errors when I used hostname "robotank", script wouldn't let me enter blank hostname (gave me the warning), so I entered "raspberrypi" and it's now installing with no errors about hostname. Install just completed with no errors at all.

Not sure if the hostname error was being caused by the script or by not being able to resolve the hostname on my router. The IP for this Pi is statically reserved on the router and the hostname for the reserved IP is "reefpi"...probably should have erased the static reservation before I installed Robo-Tank just in case (doh!)

Booted up, and it recognized the pH probe and 1 temp sensor. Plugged in additional temp sensors and they were recognized as well. Plugged in my 2 additional PCA9685s (1 at a time) and they were also recognized, but somehow the configuration got a little screwed up...the ports for Light 0x41 got placed on Light 0x42 (see pictures). How do I delete them from the database to re-add them?

https://i.imgur.com/T417lVB.png
https://i.imgur.com/qDEeo9P.png

All 16 outlets are still acting reversed...Icon is green in upper right and the outlet is de-energized and vice-versa. I tried both Normal and Inverted settings to no avail, still operating the same.

But I'm making progress on getting this setup right, so that's a win.
Reply to top
Hi, i have the controller v1
Reply to top
@zfreak_1125 great, thanks for confirming. I know what's happening with the error and hostname, now that things are installed and running I think it would be ok to change it.

I can't really help with 2nd pca9685, I'll have to connect one and see what's causing it. I kind of expected this as I made some changes to dependent systems. To remove it, in the database go to "drivers" table and delete the last pca9685. Then go to "i2cdevices" table and delete it there if it still shows. If that doesn't work you'll have to reinstall, just running script again should be enough.

Outlets must definitely be a code issue, you'll have to use as is for now.

@tutuss21, sorry I keep getting people confused on here. I think you might have had the same install issue with hostname, use raspberrypi as a host name for now.
Reply to top
Rob,

Sounds good. I'll switch back over to some high trigger relay boards so the icons will match relay state...switched over to the low trigger ones as for some reason the high trigger relays weren't firing (think it's the drive voltage being 3.3V even though I have 5V on JD-VCC). Ordered 2 8-channel SSR boards for an easy solution on my end.

Thanks on the PCA info...I'll just reload real quick to get them recognized and installed.

Got a question on the light modes, but I'll start a new thread so any info doesn't get lost in an unrelated thread.

Thanks,
Matt
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Install Robo-Tank App Rob F 0 1,050 02-14-2023, 01:21 AM
Last Post: Rob F