Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robot-Tank v6.2 can't login
Nope, no windows in the house
Reply to top
Sorry this is being so stubborn, I don't know what to think. I think it would be crazy if this was caused from a Mac, Firefox should be Firefox on either. If you're up to it maybe try starting over, this time use the v6.1 install package as I know others have installed using that and then update to v6.2 in the UI. After you do the update you need to refresh browser using CTRL + F5 on windows, no sure how to clear cache on Mac.

Here's the steps.
  • Reformat the SD card using Pi Imager.
  • Run the following two commands.
sudo wget -c https://www.robo-tank.ca/app/releases/Robo-Tank_v6_1.zip

sudo unzip -o Robo-Tank_v6_1.zip -d /boot/
  • Download and extract the zip file attached earlier for the good installer
  • Copy the install_robotank.sh to the /boot/robotank/ on your SD card and overwrite the existing file.
  • Then run the following command with fingers crossed.
sudo bash /boot/robotank/install_robotank.sh
Reply to top
Tried VNC same error through chromium on raspy, also logged into Robotank through vnc on the pi and same issues had

Also in php admin got this notice

Current selection does not contain a unique column. Grid edit, checkbox, Edit, Copy and Delete features are not available.

One last try, then will wait till after xmas as feeling a bit more than guilty for taking up your time on xmas eve
Reply to top
Wow this is very strange, now I wonder if something went wrong during the install after I changed that install script. I think you'll have to try 6.1 install.

No worries, I'm just relaxing anyways, I feel bad it's not working, not a good first impression.
Reply to top
Just checking which os I should be installing on raspi
Reply to top
Install the Raspberry Pi OS Lite, in that install manual there's a picture showing which one it is in the list.
Reply to top
Mate Ill try a few things might have been screwing it up as hadn't been installing Lite as have touch screen I have installed with reef pi but would forgo that to get your system running as it looks better than reef-pi.

Will try 6.2 first then maybe 6.1 if that doesn't work both with your installer change, a

Ill leave you here if it works Ill let you know other wise get back to you in a few days

Cheers mate enjoy your day tomorrow

Last thing though the blue screens I just press enter on the first one then no on the second, what option should it be on the first just to try and make sure I am setting it up
Reply to top
Sounds good. I don't think I've tried the full OS yet so do try the Lite version. Also it's important reef-pi isn't installed on the same card, for sure that will prevent it from running properly. If you do have reef-pi running on same card it's worth trying to install full OS again. I think it's because it's trying to run two servers.

Have a great day as well, cheers!
Reply to top
Cool mate let you know could you just confirm blue screen settings to make sure Im getting those right
Reply to top
The first screen should be asking what server type you want to run, the default option should be set to "apache2", leave it like that and go to OK.

The second will be a configure option, it should have Yes or No option, select No.
Reply to top
don't worry about replying but for future upon pressing enter to restart saw this

sh: 0: getcwd() failed: No such file or directory

is that a clue
Reply to top
I'm not sure, just looking on stackoverflow this has 690 up votes so possibly the reason.

Quote:This error is usually caused by running a command from a directory that no longer exist.

Try changing your directory and re-run the command.

Did you run sudo reboot and get the error or after script ran?
Reply to top
Wouldn't load robotank at all this time, run out of time, getting the look from the missus, gone back to reef pi for the night, Unusual that did everything the same except lite and got absolutely nothing. I will give it a few days then get another memory card just to make sure that's not the issue, go for a smaller card as well as have read that maximum sd card for pi 3 is either 32gb or 64gb depending on forum and will try again, its gotta be something simple I think if its worked before for others. Determeined to get this going as it looks so good. One thing for future updates it would be nice to have a diary to keep records of parameters that can be charted if possible.

Anyway your commitment is outstanding and will always be a robotank fan, love your hardware and the thought you have put into the software is great

talk in a few days once get new memory card
Reply to top
That's disappointing it didn't work but sounds like a plan. That's interesting about the SD card, just maybe that's the problem, I only use 32gb cards. Quite a few people are running it so I know it installs. A few people got your initial issue which seems to be an installer script issue but after they can log in it's always worked fine unless there's a targeted bug. Definitely nothing like what you've experienced. I'm sure we'll get this figured out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rob F's post:
  • Craig
Reply to top
Well I got an email overnight from someone who said they couldn't access the "advanced" tab on configure ports page after the update. I just checked and sure enough I can't load the page either. Using the browser console it was obvious what the problem was, I removed a variable last minute thinking it wasn't being used. Then I thought I better plug in a new DS18B20 sensor and yeah nothing happened, it still works as expected for an existing sensor. I suspect it's the same with pH as you experienced. I actually checked these things after the update but then last minute I thought I would remove a bunch of variables I didn't think were being used...

Whenever you get back to this just install v6.1 and ignore the update for 6.2, I'll look at this over the next few days.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rob F's post:
  • Craig
Reply to top
Just letting you know I released a small update to fix that Advanced view issue. I was wrong about the DS18B20 and pH, they were working. I did find why it did an auto update immediately after you installed v6.2 so I've deleted that file. Here's the new commands with v6.3.

Here's the steps.
sudo wget -c https://www.robo-tank.ca/app/releases/Robo-Tank_v6_3.zip

sudo unzip -o Robo-Tank_v6_3.zip -d /boot/
  • Copy the install_robotank.sh to the /boot/robotank/ on your SD card and overwrite the existing file.
Reply to top
Ok been trying again, got login again but with no sensors, can open advanced tab now. Sometimes during unzip I don't get the robotank folder?(maybe a clue) wondering if my pi may be a touch faulty(RAM) or something, might order a new one

Cant see why this won't work, don't imagine apple would be causing a problem as apple is linux based so should be easier?Ill send you terminal output in case you can spot something

(12-25-2021, 05:40 PM)Rob F Wrote: Just letting you know I released a small update to fix that Advanced view issue. I was wrong about the DS18B20 and pH, they were working. I did find why it did an auto update immediately after you installed v6.2 so I've deleted that file. Here's the new commands with v6.3.

Here's the steps.
sudo wget -c https://www.robo-tank.ca/app/releases/Robo-Tank_v6_3.zip

sudo unzip -o Robo-Tank_v6_3.zip -d /boot/

Looks like apache and php still not being set up

Creating config file /etc/php/7.4/apache2/php.ini with new version
Module mpm_event disabled.
Enabling module mpm_prefork.
apache2_switch_mpm Switch to prefork
apache2_reload: Your configuration is broken. Not restarting Apache 2
apache2_reload: AH00534: apache2: Configuration error: No MPM loaded.
apache2_invoke: Enable module php7.4
apache2_reload: Your configuration is broken. Not restarting Apache 2
apache2_reload: AH00534: apache2: Configuration error: No MPM loaded.
Setting up php7.4 (7.4.25-1+deb11u1) ...
Setting up libapache2-mod-php (2:7.4+76) ...
Setting up php (2:7.4+76) ...
Processing triggers for man-db (2.9.4-2) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.31-13+rpt2+rpi1+deb11u2) ...
Processing triggers for php7.4-cli (7.4.25-1+deb11u1) ...
Processing triggers for libapache2-mod-php7.4 (7.4.25-1+deb11u1) ...

Attached Files
.txt   Terminal Saved Output.txt (Size: 154.7 KB / Downloads: 86)
Reply to top
right last effort for today, tried legacy debian lite install then your instructions, looks like apache and php still an issue, got a login but no sensors again
[-] The following 1 user Likes Craig's post:
  • Rob F
Reply to top
I'm getting a similar issue (no Ph probe or temperature sensors) after a clean new install using the v3 file but did have one problem after the initial install.
initially apache didn't like the last line of its configuration file (which is php related) and wouldn't start so no http access
I got around that by running the following command: sudo apt-get -y install phpmyadmin
I was able to then log in via the browser and ran the wizard but it didn't pick up the pH probe or temp sensors
I rebooted a number of times and also disconnected and reconnected the probes with no changes.

I'm going to restart from scratch again in the morning and see if the above is repeatable.

Config: Pi Zero 2W, 8GB sd card, Raspian Lite, running headless so everything is done via intel laptop with windows 10, putty SSH and a chrome browser
[-] The following 1 user Likes twandelt's post:
  • Rob F
Reply to top
Hi twandelt, welcome to the madness. :)

I definitely have a problem with the phpmyadmin install, good to know that's the issue.

Now that both of you are able to login I'm pretty sure apache and php are working ok, maybe still a config issue and probably always has been. The login uses php and nothing would load if apache wasn't running so it definitely sounds like there's a problem with the DS18B20 and pH systems.

I think if you both reformat once again but this time install v6.0, I know that was working. Then ignore the updates and tomorrow I will see what's up. 

Here's the steps.
sudo wget -c https://www.robo-tank.ca/app/releases/Robo-Tank_v6_0.zip

sudo unzip -o Robo-Tank_v6_0.zip -d /boot/

(12-25-2021, 08:48 PM)Craig Wrote: Ok been trying again, got login again but with no sensors, can open advanced tab now. Sometimes during unzip I don't get the robotank folder?(maybe a clue) wondering if my pi may be a touch faulty(RAM) or something, might order a new one

Cant see why this won't work, don't imagine apple would be causing a problem as apple is linux based so should be easier?Ill send you terminal output in case you can spot something

After the install runs it'll delete that robotank folder as it's not needed, that's probably what was happening. I doubt there's anything wrong with your Pi, temps and pH is sounding like a software issue. Same with the Mac, I don't see that being the issue either as this is all done on the Pi in the c++ program. The system scans the 1-wire bus and I2C and looks for changes based on what's known. If a new sensor that's never been detected is found it should popup, sounds like that's what's not happening.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Robo-Tank login Cadmanj 1 1,044 03-14-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Robotank v6 - can not save any schedule kukulin 5 3,059 11-07-2021, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Rob F