Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this project open source ?
Hi all,
first i am sorry i missed the launch day purchase!
i had my eye on this project for a while now, i have an aquarium but the reason why i need an arduino based controller is for my vertical hydroponic greenhouse project.

i am in the process of building a decent size hydroponic greenhouse and its not far from the existing specs of Robo-tank.
can you please let me know if the hardware is open source ?
how about the arduino software ?
is it possible to use esp8266 for the webserver files and images ? (or arduino uno with esp8266)

Many thanks
Reply to top
Hi Chrigui, thanks for the interest. The project isn't open source but you do get the Arduino source code, if you're comfortable with programming Arduinos you can make any changes for your setup. The hardware is setup so you can add more if you want, I've put some spare headers so its easy to access other pins on the arduinos. The controller uses the w5100 ethernet shield and all the etherent code is on an Arduino Due so it would be a lot of work to make it all fit on the Uno as the Due has code for other things on it. The eeprom on the Uno also wouldn't be large enough. Again if you're handy with the code you could add the esp8266 to the Due if its compatible.
Reply to top
thanks for your reply, i will look in to it but i will make an order soon to start hacking and debugging :P
Reply to top
Sounds good, thanks Chrigui.
Reply to top