Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schedules completely nuts since 2.2
Something is seriously fishy about the schedules since the 2.2 update.

Case one. My lights on outlet one are scheduled from 10:00 to 23:00.
However the lights suddenly switch on on midnight at 0:00 which is totally out of their programming.

Case two. My filter is on outlet two. The schedule is 0:00to 0:00 (should mean always on. A no schedule option that does nit default to off would be nice.)
The pump switches off at midnight!

That is quite dangerous. I have already lost a few shrimps to the filter fail.

Any idea what's wrong? I looked at the other schedules, they are all 0:00-0:00.
(I assume there is only one schedule active at the time? The one currently selected?)
Reply to top
Hi Tilman, sorry to hear about the trouble, I haven't noticed anything. For what its worth try re-syncing the controller.

You're correct, when the 1st schedule has the same on and off time it should run 24hrs. For schedule 2, 3 and 4 when the on and off time are 0:00 that schedule should be ignored. The 4 schedules for the outlet does need to be in order. I'll go over it tomorrow and see what I can find and will let you know.
Reply to top
Hi Tilman, when you upgraded to 2.2 did you copy over the TimeAlarms library? With the new schedules this had to be updated.

Browse to your documents\arduino\libaries\TimeAlarms folder and you'll see a file TimeAlarms.h

Open that file in wordpad and at line 6 you'll see the following.

#define dtNBR_ALARMS 140

If you don't have 140 change it to that and re-upload the display sketch. It also might be worth re-uploading it if this is correct, maybe the IDE wasn't shut down after the library was changed so it didn't see any changes. If that number is less that 140 the schedules will be all mixed up.
Reply to top
I think I cleared all Libraries except for the UTFT one and copied your libraries directory over.
But I can check later...

And yes, the IDE may have been running while I did that. But I had not expected GCC to care. But who knows. Maybe that did leave something dangling.

Also, I did a full factory reset after the upgrade.
Reply to top
Hopefully it was the upload, if the IDE is open and libraries are changed it won't see most changes until its been restarted.
Reply to top
Will see tonight. :)
Reply to top
And it did it again on midnight! But I had only re-flashed the display module. Was that perhaps not enough?

Restarting the display module gets it all back on track. But I don't want to do that every night. :D
Reply to top
That's no good, what time do you have the fish feeding happening? The default settings are for 0:00 and at that time all the outlets will shut off because those are default settings. Although they should turn back on after the feeding that could be the issue. If your feed settings are still default try setting it so those outlets don't turn off during the feeding.
Reply to top
I've setup my schedules to match yours and ran some tests. I can never get outlet 1 (lights) to turn on at midnight but when outlet 2 schedule 1 was set to 0:00 and 0:00 and the fish feed was scheduled at 0:00 outlet 2 went off as the feeding instructs but it didn't come back on after the feed was complete as it should. I changed the outlet 2 schedule 1 to 1:00 and 1:00 and the problem went away. The outlet came back on after the feed as it should. Try changing your schedule for outlet 2 to 1:00 and 1:00 so it never shuts off. Also change the feed settings so it doesn't turn off during a feed. I am going to redo the power schedule screen so it makes more sense. After you make the adjustment if you change your time to 23:59:30 and wait till it ticks over does it still do it?
Reply to top
This is how I'm thinking of doing the power schedules. The times set won't matter, if it's grayed out it'll be ignored. To enable or disable the schedule you would press that area of the screen for maybe 5 seconds. Pressing it momentarily would allow you to adjust the schedule time. I'm thinking if all 4 schedules for an outlet is greyed out the first schedule would change to the option of either always on or always off, momentary touches would switch between them and pressing for 5 seconds would turn the schedule back on. Feed settings and rules would still override these settings.

[Image: pwr_schedule.jpg]
Reply to top
Final post for the night. :) I just looked at the controller and schedule I set to 1:00 and 1:00 went off at 1:00 so there's definitely a problem related to that. For now press the outlets on the home screen and set your filter to on. Then when you go back to the home screen you'll see that it says its running in manual mode, doing that the filter definitely won't turn off. The other outlets will still work on the schedules. The 10:00 to 23:00 schedule never came back on so I'm not sure what's going on there yet.
Reply to top
Thanks Rob.

Love the new schedule screen btw. Looks very intuitive.

PS: I will check the feed settings. I think I have auto feeding off. But that could explain a few things.
Reply to top
glad I didn't have time to update yet :P

strange that nobody else reports this kind of behavior...
Reply to top
I have not updated yet
Reply to top
I had some outlets turning on or off at random times when I first installed the update but that cleared up after a second re-sync and a complete reboot of the the power bar and display boards. I have been running v2.2 for about 2 weeks now controlling lights (one set of LEDs on/off no dimming), skimmer and two dosing pumps with no problems. I did leave my main pump connectd directly to the wall in case there was a problem. I have not tested the extra times yet but I'll try it today and post what happens.

Rob The new design for the outlet times is much better. I like the idea of seeing the entire schedule on one screen instead of switching screens. That will make it more intuitive and easier to set up. Looks great!
Reply to top
Glad you guys like the new look, now to make it happen. :) I should have it done by the weekend. Tilman, for the feed settings even if you have the auto feeding off the feed schedules will still go off. The option for the auto feeder will only turn off the feeder if its plugged in. I did it that way so a person can still set a daily schedule so the home page last feed time gets updated. So set all the outlets you always want running turned to on. If you don't want the outlets to change states during the feed set them to the state the outlets would be in when the feeding starts. This is something else I need to clear up.
Reply to top
OMG this is so embarrassing. I had auto feed schedules on all days. No wonder the lights went on and the pump off.

Sorry Rob for wasting your time. I never went in the feeder schedule screen because I did not need it.
Reply to top
No worries, it should be clearer on the feed settings. Let me know if things work out tonight.
Reply to top
So there is a problem when running the outlet 24hrs so keep it in manual mode for now. I'll have the update done soon.
Reply to top
Updates done, should be no more problems. :)
Reply to top