Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto Feeder
So I finally got around to wiring up the Auto feeder today and.. realized I cant actually control this via the robo-tank software yet? I enable the feeder ports but when I goto scheduling there is no option for the feeder here? Am i missing something or is this a feature not in yet?
Reply to top
Yeah the auto feeder system isn't working yet, I probably should remove that option until it's ready. If you assign the feeder port as a DC port, then create two schedules for it, one to turn it on and 1 second later turn off. If the feeder starts but doesn't do the full turn have the on schedule run 2 seconds.

Just so you know the data pin (center) for the feeder port is a ground that gets switched on/off. With the ground active for a couple seconds its the same as pressing the auto feed button.
Reply to top
No worries I can wait for it. The way it is I am able to use the feeders programming on itself. So fish get fed! And I don't have to worry about batteries!

I just wanted to make sure it wasn't either bugging or me doing something wrong.
Reply to top
Technically the feed mode will use a schedule it's fine to run as a DC port. The difference is you'll be able to set other ports in a specific mode for X minutes during the feed, such as turning off power heads etc...
Reply to top
(01-01-2022, 07:27 PM)Rob F Wrote: Yeah the auto feeder system isn't working yet, I probably should remove that option until it's ready. If you assign the feeder port as a DC port, then create two schedules for it, one to turn it on and 1 second later turn off. If the feeder starts but doesn't do the full turn have the on schedule run 2 seconds.

Just so you know the data pin (center) for the feeder port is a ground that gets switched on/off. With the ground active for a couple seconds its the same as pressing the auto feed button.
I misread this originally i think. so using the same feeder port. i originally thought you meant to use a dc port... Assigning the feeder port as a DC port.. so when i turn it "on" what happens then? it grounds it out? or provides 3.3v? or? ill be home in a few hours and give this a shot.
Reply to top
Yeah assign the feeder port as a DC port. When you turn on the feeder port the center pin (data) which is a ground is activated which fires up the feeder.

In the feeder that push button you attached the signal too, one side of that switch is ground and when you press the button the ground flows and feeder does what it should. Turning a ground on/off via the controller is the same as you pressing that button.

You only want the on schedule to run 1-2 seconds otherwise it would be like you continually holding the feeder button.
Reply to top
Just tried. Having another issue lol. Attempting to add a schedule I save. Nothing is added.
Reply to top
Hmm, I just tried adding a DC port schedule and it worked. Are you running 6.3? If you go to system settings it'll say, if not do an update and try again.
Reply to top
I am. I emailed you.
Reply to top